Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

Default doesnt work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhruic View Post
Yeah, for some reason you're not allowed to attach files to PMs. You can just attach it to a post in this thread tho', and I can download it here.
doesnt work. i keep getting invalid file by the host. give me a break it only accepts zip files? i do not use that, i use rar and 7z. it won't accept files like that? well, sorry, i will live with the bugs until they're solved then. this is really arkward.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Approved Member

Default nvm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae_LON View Post
doesnt work. i keep getting invalid file by the host. give me a break it only accepts zip files? i do not use that, i use rar and 7z. it won't accept files like that? well, sorry, i will live with the bugs until they're solved then. this is really arkward.
edit: ok i found a test version of win zip. find it attached. thx, man.
Attached Files
File Type: zip savveae_LON.zip (1.71 MB, 40 views)
Old 11-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Approved Member

You can make zip files with 7z as a fyi.

Unfortunately I can't make the game crash with your save. I've tried various ways and times of killing the Ice Dragons and they properly die every time. Have you updated to the latest patch? Does it crash for you any time they die, or only under specific circumstances?
Old 11-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhruic View Post
You can make zip files with 7z as a fyi.

Unfortunately I can't make the game crash with your save. I've tried various ways and times of killing the Ice Dragons and they properly die every time. Have you updated to the latest patch? Does it crash for you any time they die, or only under specific circumstances?
weird. they dont die cuz the second i click on the dragon it crashes. whats the reason for this then? thanks for the help anyways man.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Approved Member

I am starting to think the animation crashes are tied to certain sets of videocard and driver versions. I haven't seen a crash with any of the animations so far (though I used to get them in KBAP with my old PC) and I have a Radeon Sapphire 7950 with latest drivers. What do you have ae_LON (and RCDOWN, if you're reading)?
Old 11-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Approved Member

Default Not a grafix prob

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotcrusade View Post
I am starting to think the animation crashes are tied to certain sets of videocard and driver versions. I haven't seen a crash with any of the animations so far (though I used to get them in KBAP with my old PC) and I have a Radeon Sapphire 7950 with latest drivers. What do you have ae_LON (and RCDOWN, if you're reading)?
AMD Radeon HD 7900, latest driver. Trust me I know it's not my graca. I have had random crashes because i play highest settings 1680 x 1150 but not repeatedly while repeating the very same action 10 times. I have changed the following .lua as described in some thread (here or some other forum, forgot): unit_features_ondamage.lua which also contains the specs for the ice dragon. Turns out the game does not crash anymore but due to the altered command line

-- Attack.log(dmgts, "add_blog_ice_dragon_death_2", "name"," "..blog_side_unit(0), "special", mana_count)

the quest does not count the dead ice dragons anymore. So I am basically
just as pucked as before. Thanks for your concerns.

edit: Very sure now that the specs in the .lua causes the crash because I have just changed it back to its original coding and it crashes
as soon as i try to kill the ice dragon. It takes a hit, loses some points but the final death blow causes the crash, tried different attacks.
I am no coding, modding pro, I'd really appreciate a pro to check this out and maybe advlse. I play on steam and the patches are executed
automatically. Thanks.

Last edited by ae_LON; 11-04-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

Is the steam patch compatible with the unofficial bug fixes? Because I see stuff in the fix which is not fixed in the official patch.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Approved Member

The Steam patch is the only thing compatible with the unofficial fixes (or, rather, the unofficial fixes are compatible with the Steam patch) - if you haven't got the Steam patch for some reason, trying to use the unofficial fixes will just result in more problems.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handel View Post
Is the steam patch compatible with the unofficial bug fixes? Because I see stuff in the fix which is not fixed in the official patch.
I think the important question is the other way around. The answer is yes, they are compatible. The whole point of the unofficial fixes is to repair stuff that isn't patched yet so we can enjoy it while we wait, and whenever the official patch corrects an issue we remove it from the fixes.

If you are having problems, I recommend deleting everything in your addon folder with a LUA extension. Then run the game to be sure it's patched. After that, you can put in any unofficial fixes that you want.

The way it works is the game looks in the addons folder for overrides. So we took a copy of a patched file that still has a problem and we fixed it. When you put it in your addon folder you are telling the game to use the fixed file instead. To revert, just delete the fixed file from in your addon folder.

Edit: If you can't use the steam patch for whatever reason, you cannot use the unofficial fixes. You'll have to roll back (delete them all) and see the bug fixes thread for manual instructions on how to implement what you want.

Last edited by camelotcrusade; 11-05-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotcrusade View Post
I think the important question is the other way around. The answer is yes, they are compatible. The whole point of the unofficial fixes is to repair stuff that isn't patched yet so we can enjoy it while we wait, and whenever the official patch corrects an issue we remove it from the fixes.

If you are having problems, I recommend deleting everything in your addon folder with a LUA extension. Then run the game to be sure it's patched. After that, you can put in any unofficial fixes that you want.

The way it works is the game looks in the addons folder for overrides. So we took a copy of a patched file that still has a problem and we fixed it. When you put it in your addon folder you are telling the game to use the fixed file instead. To revert, just delete the fixed file from in your addon folder.

Edit: If you can't use the steam patch for whatever reason, you cannot use the unofficial fixes. You'll have to roll back (delete them all) and see the bug fixes thread for manual instructions on how to implement what you want.
I might be a little slow to catch on...Could I delete any .LUA file in the addon folder, run steam and it will renew them? The game won't be broken if i do that? e.g. get rid of my Ice dragon problem? I get really tired of it ya know cuz I started a new game and i am level 32 now and tried killing an ice dragon in the Vernon Wastelands and ...crash.