Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 03-27-2013, 10:52 PM
Registered Member

Default One more quick rant,, no not really a "Rant", just a suggestion

When you guys build the next sim,, don't build it on a CRAY computer.
It took me 4 years past the release of IL2 to have a computer that could run it took look even marginally like the screenshots posted online..

Just in the last eight months I had a computer that could do a fair job at running Cliffs of Dover.

TIP:

It may look great in a testing lab on a computer that you spent thousands of dollars on to specifically design a flight sim, but to John Q Nobody , we get a product that is unusable or to make usable we have to dial so much back we might as well be playing European Air War. AHHH now that was a fun time!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 05:45 AM
Approved Member

Nice rant!! haha

4H,

Do you mean Aces over Europe??
Old 03-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Registered Member

Nope, the game was Eoropean Air War.

All these years later there is still a following and support.

http://www.europeanairwar.net/

Old 03-28-2013, 01:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4H_Ccrashh View Post
When you guys build the next sim,, don't build it on a CRAY computer.
It took me 4 years past the release of IL2 to have a computer that could run it took look even marginally like the screenshots posted online..

Just in the last eight months I had a computer that could do a fair job at running Cliffs of Dover.

TIP:

It may look great in a testing lab on a computer that you spent thousands of dollars on to specifically design a flight sim, but to John Q Nobody , we get a product that is unusable or to make usable we have to dial so much back we might as well be playing European Air War. AHHH now that was a fun time!!!

Oleg designed the sim for the future and had trouble getting it to perform on the average PC out there today. The box specs should have been more realistic and it should have read beta WIP

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 03-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4H_Ccrashh View Post
Nope, the game was Eoropean Air War.

All these years later there is still a following and support.

http://www.europeanairwar.net/

Was actually joking....Dynamic's Aces over Europe was the second flight sim I ever played....very old school!

Last edited by finchOU; 03-28-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Registered Member

Wow, brings back memories. Love the MIDI music and the state of the art sound effects.

Thanks!!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:12 PM
Registered Member

Default Apologies

I want to make a blanket apology for my previous posts.

I read them again for the first time and found glaring syntax, grammatical, and spelling errors.

In my head I get so many ideas that want to flow out at the same time that I make numerous mistakes.

I'm almost half a century old and yet I still use the hunt and peck method. I really have to look down at the keyboard as I type.

So my thoughts may be idiotic to some, but my please don't judge those thoughts based upon my grammatical skills (or lack there of..)

On a regular basis I do know that "I" before "E" comes after "C"

and

"E" before "I" comes after a long "A" or long "I".

Regards all,

Old 03-29-2013, 03:48 AM
Approved Member

Yeah 4H...you totally screeewed up and I was tootalley going to kall you ouat on ti! Don't fret ...your jusst as baad as the rist of others!?!@