Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 10-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

Post Air Force Bases of CloD 2 - Extended printable content!

Hey guys.

The previous AFBs of CloD documents is far outperformed my expectations (which regards the number of downloads), so in response to the requests I expanded the list of airports. In other words, I did it all. When I started these project, I thought will be much shorter, but new ideas, modifications, additions were made, which hopefully become useful.

These AFBs of CloD 2 contains the following documents (The whole pack is 747MB):
- high resolution pdf of all Airfields (for printing). (I was able to upload only 100 MB per file, therefore the high-res pdfs sliced into three parts. ALL 3 part need to proper extract!).
- medium resolution pdf of all Airfields (for PC use)
- high resolution jpg pack of all Airfields.
- high resolution overview map. Based of original maps of the Canal region (A1 size, 300 dpi resolution, for printing).
- medium resolution of overview map (for PC use).

Download from here: AFBs of CloD 2
(If you want to share these documents on other forums, please use this link)

Changes in content:
- The document contains all of the 121 airports of CloD.
- The taxiways were also got markings (letters), you can determine your location more precisely.
- The map legends shows the changes of the AFB icons. You can distinguish the civil and military airports, the type of the runaway, and the runaway is permanent or temporary.
- I made separate section of the pilot notes. There are various informations relating to the airport.
- I delete the runaway symbol from the airfields, which not contain permanent runaways. It is mentioned in the pilot notes too. I drew the most likely runaway direction and lenght. If there is no other directive, you can use these datas.
- Made of an overview map, which can be printed in A1 size, 300 dpi. It was made in two versions, one with a better visibility of the airport, the other covers less of the original map. Print and use whichever you prefer.
- I made 50% reduced pictures of overview map, good for PC use.

Technical Changes:
- I attached most of the images as jpg, not as a vector graphic. This improves memory usage.
- The airport list is the beginning of the document, you can jump to any page with a single clicking.
- I made a jpg package, if you want a custom selection, use this. I recommend to use these files on Tablet devices, or mobile phone (there were several problems with pdf).

Known bugs:
- The 4th page of the medium-res .pdf is blurry. I can't do anything. The "overview map 1" is the same jpg.
- The overview map and the CloD have some inaccuracies (mostly with the blue, "CloD grid"). The blue vectors is hand made vectors. This is the best, what I can do. The other reason is the original map can also be minor inaccuracies. Cities, rivers, etc. As a result, the coordinates of airports slip a little (the first four characters of the "location" is accurate, these error affect the last number of the coordinate). It is not very significant, but i had to mention it.

I hope this package will going to like it at least as many people as the previous one.

Special thanks to SC/JG_IvanK, 5./JG27.Farber, bongodriver, JVM and Artist who helped in creation of this document with suggestions, opinions and data.

Regards.
Tom

ps. It would be superb, if every online map use the same, standardized coordinates. This document also contains these values​​. I link here an empty mission file (made by 5./JG27_Farber), with the standard battle-area settings. Please, use it in all online server. Fullgrid mission

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here

Last edited by VO101_Tom; 10-25-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Approved Member

This is great news, Thanx for update Tom.

Asus P6T V2 Deluxe, I7 930, 3x2 GB RAM XMS3 Corsair1333 Mhz, Nvidia Leadtek GTX 470, Acer 1260p screen projector, Track IR 4 OS ver5, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder, Saitek X52, Win 7 x64 ultimate
Old 10-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

Brilliant work Tom Thank you
Old 10-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Approved Member

Koszonom Szepan dude .... this is pretty awesome work.

Thanks for sharing
Old 10-18-2012, 09:56 PM
Approved Member

Great work Thank you.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Approved Member

Brilliant Tom, thanks for sharing.
S!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Approved Member

Thx. guys.

Small note: I see, the parts of the england high-res pdf have different download numbers. I was able to upload only 100 MB per file, therefore the high-res pdfs sliced into three parts. ALL 3 part need to proper extract!

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here
Old 10-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Approved Member

Thank you, sir!
Old 10-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

Great work!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:52 PM
Approved Member

Tom,

just thought you'd like to see the your excellent work having been printed on 280g paper, enclosed in a 1,5mm cardboard cover and bound with a (rather too big, but eh!, 60 pages!) spiral.

Artist
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AFBs_of_CloD_England1.jpg (25.0 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg AFBs_of_CloD_England2.jpg (26.9 KB, 129 views)

-------------------------------------------------------------