Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 06-05-2018, 04:45 PM
Approved Member

Maybe screenshot will be better as explanation
When I click Continue:

https://image.ibb.co/kxo62o/bonfire_error.png
Old 06-06-2018, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

First I thought it was a joke... I have never heard of such a message, can u run normal WoTn? Sounds like something that has NOT to do with the Bonfire Mod.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

Yes, I can run WotN without problem on Windows 10.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:30 PM
Approved Member

Default About the "not allowed to run this game" message

I remember something about not having the original game from Steam, would show this message.. a cracked version should not work with Bonfire or Hylfire mod.

Do you own an original copy? and from Steam?
Old 06-06-2018, 09:21 PM
Approved Member

Original from Steam.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:19 PM
Approved Member

Did you rename original WoTN before installing Bonfire? Most people that have problems forget that and overwrite the original... It's best to delete or rename original WoTN.

I even tried downloading Bonfire again, just to check if it was hacked... no problems on my machine...
Old 06-24-2018, 08:19 AM
Approved Member

About BONFIRE 2:

Terroin has been working on this for some time, but we have encountered a problem we cannot fix. Therefore it is back to scratch to find a new combat system. We tried to make creatures start off with ZERO talents, but when they get experienced in fight they would get random ones that fit that creature, for instance a CAVE SPIDER could get Web, Mass Web, Haste, Run and rarely Summon Spideroffsprings.

We don't know if there will be a Bonfire 2. We will see. I'm working on a new Crossworld campaign instead, I've finished map 6. I also found out how to implement bosses, so they will add to the gameplay experience. It's a NEW campaign, it means new maps (or a few Bonfire maps redone), new quests and story. I probably only need 2 maps more. Check out:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=230150

Last edited by raknefne; 06-24-2018 at 08:44 AM. Reason: update
Old 06-27-2018, 08:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
not sure what you mean by GOG, anyway, Bonfire should be installed in the same directory you have installed WoTn, same place, but you have to either remove or rename existing WoTn Directory. After installation of Bonfire you will see the "same" directory name 'Kings Bounty Warriors of the North' or so, this will be Bonfire, which you will see when you start the game.

hope it helps. We haven't had installation problems before, so you must be doing something wrong.
Good Old Games is an alternative game distribution service, and it doesn't use a Steam-style approach to the game launching.

I, too, have not been able to get Bonfire working on a GOG install of Warriors of the North. I'm pretty sure Bonfire's current coding is only compatible with a Steam installation in specific. Which is a bit frustrating, because Bonfire sounds pretty cool.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:23 AM
Approved Member

THE TRENT WAR

I've finished a completely new campaign for the Crossworld environment. New quests, story etc. Testing fase now. Checkout

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=230196

Erkihlmarl who also tested Bonfire, is testing it now. Need one more tester. Mail uffe@uffekunst.dk

Last edited by raknefne; 08-10-2018 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Update
Old 09-16-2018, 12:58 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoul King View Post
Good Old Games is an alternative game distribution service, and it doesn't use a Steam-style approach to the game launching.

I, too, have not been able to get Bonfire working on a GOG install of Warriors of the North. I'm pretty sure Bonfire's current coding is only compatible with a Steam installation in specific. Which is a bit frustrating, because Bonfire sounds pretty cool.
Pretty big let-down that it does not work with the GOG version. (Moves downloaded mod to trash can). Bizarre that this guy does not even know what GOG is (unless he has been hiding under a rock for the last 10 years or so).