Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 12-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Approved Member

Default Mod project

Hello people.

I have a bunch of models in various stages of readiness and a whole LOT of finished models (altough for other games, s direct transfer into SW will not do without making a lot of tweaks)

I plan to add them all in.

I also plan to re-balance the whole thing. Frankly, transports seems too fragile (only 200 shields for something that big???) and difference in power between various generations of fighters and weapons seem too large.

I'll make a excel table with possible stat changes first, then post it here for you to discuss.

Also, I'm not sure if I should make this compatible with the 3 mod pack (fleet, mothership, missiles), since I'm not sure if I want to use it.

Will see...
Old 12-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Approved Member

Here are two WIP's

Old 12-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Small update:

Also, the MOD will be fully compatible with Fleet Mod and Mothership Mod...but not the missile mod (I HATE Touhou!)
Old 12-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Approved Member

hmm.. some nice stuff here. New models are always welcomed.
BTW did you tried to transfer any of your models to SW3? Are they fully working (collision spheres for example)? As I see you don't use 3dsmax so I'm curious how you do this.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

Actually, I am using 3D Max...for UM mapping and converting. I use Truespace to make the mesh.

The above carrier is almost complete.

As for the two fighters I made for SW2...They worked OK in both SW1 and SW2, and I'm just about to test them in SW3. Have trouble finding the right mission scrip to spawn them.

I have a save right before entering Hephaestus (right after you fix the mothership ID), and I want to replace the StoneArrrow and standard patrol there with my ships for testing purposes...Still haven't found the right mission scrip
Old 12-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashMan View Post
I have a save right before entering Hephaestus (right after you fix the mothership ID), and I want to replace the StoneArrrow and standard patrol there with my ships for testing purposes...Still haven't found the right mission scrip
It'll be easier to add/change spawn in the Locations folder (any one that it's not mission dependent). IIRC Hephaestus is called Gefest in the script files.

btw I wrote a little script that spawns any ship you desire via active perk (it can be hostile/neutral/friendly). It's just slightly modified "reinforcment call" type perk. It's a great time saver when you want to test your ships. Let me know if you are interested.

Last edited by Goblin Wizard; 12-29-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the tip. I figured I could just spawn my fighters as part of the Triada wing in the 1st mission. Simple and easy.

Except the new test player...there's nothing. Empty space..apparently, It can't read carcasses.xml anymore for some reason, so it's spawns NOTHING...
Weird....

Even stranger, switching back to my other Profile and loading a game works without a problem....

Last edited by TrashMan; 12-29-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Approved Member

Hmmm...I don't have the game installed now but did you add your ship to ShipDescription.xml? I know it should work without this but your ship will be naked and it may cause some problems.
If the game can't load carcasses.xml, you get the wrong line number in the log. Just fix it.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Approved Member

Got it to work

I recall fixing collision spheres for SW2...But I'm not sure if this version of the meshes has it fixed. It will require more testing.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Approved Member

Looks interesting. Could you post some 3d screens?