Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Approved Member

Smile How you kill Ktahu

I have made a little video ( with poor quality ) on hard mode

I do it quickly with minium loses of my army
(I can have better "armor" but I have not buy it)

Last edited by hotfix666; 10-17-2010 at 09:29 AM. Reason: hard mode
Old 07-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Approved Member

After a lot of games, Kathu on hard is easy, u should try it on impossible.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

Well done. Definitely a lot better than a lot of people do against him. Though, all the truly good ways of dealing with Ktahu involve using a single stack against him, since he really has a hard time dealing damage to one stone skinned stack.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:14 AM
Approved Member

Nice video of a solid strategy for dealing with him. That basic approach will also work on impossible, although it takes a little more time and possibly more attention to detail. For the sake of anyone trying to learn from it, however, it helps if you post a quick glimpse of your character screen (items, skills) so they know what you're working from. A good strategy for a warrior with twinkling boots x 2, leather vest x 2, crystal ball, and guardian 3 is very different from a good strategy for a mage with no +physical resist items; similarly, some units become scary-good with some decent +crit. from morale and/or skills, but are only mediocre if you can't give them that.

That's actually just about the most common problem on these boards - someone posts asking for help with gremlion / ktahu / baal, and the first thing they get in response is almost always "tell us a little about your character."
Old 07-23-2010, 05:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
That's actually just about the most common problem on these boards - someone posts asking for help with gremlion / ktahu / baal, and the first thing they get in response is almost always "tell us a little about your character
I agree. There is no reason why information is needed about the status of the character. Obviously if they cant kill baal, k'tahuu, or any other mega boss, they are using the wrong items, spells, units, ect. why ask a question so that you can bash them for not using the right strategy. Its plain and simple, bulk up on physical damage resistance for baal and k'tahuu, magic resistance for gremelion, cast stone skin on your unit(s), have teleport readily available (that saved me so many times when trying to get away from those t'rex's or just to get a chance to attack k'tahuu or baal with a single stack of paladins), phantom spell is a must, have frenzy at least level 1, use wanderer scrolls,bulk up on your critical strike, and of course, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MAGIC ON DAMAGING SPELLS IN BOSS FIGHTS!
Old 07-23-2010, 05:13 AM
Approved Member

O and one more thing... hotfix666, is there a reason why you have every low level spell? I didn't get a chance to see the rest of your spell book since you only went to page 2 in the video but I cant imagine why you would waste all those crystals on those spells considering your a warrior and you would never use most of them. Im not saying this for a fact but im guess you used the cheat "magicbook" right?
Old 07-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Approved Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinek View Post
O and one more thing... hotfix666, is there a reason why you have every low level spell? I didn't get a chance to see the rest of your spell book since you only went to page 2 in the video but I cant imagine why you would waste all those crystals on those spells considering your a warrior and you would never use most of them. Im not saying this for a fact but im guess you used the cheat "magicbook" right?
Thanks to all some write

I only show my good strategy (Im proud if it)
Thats matter if I have loose much more army in the battle... But I show this video for that was a good strategy and I have some luck and make much critical hits

Why shall I cheat? I dont search friends some shall be impressed of me

Sorry my bad english
Old 09-28-2010, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

Default Warrior, impossible, 7 days, 87 quests, zero casualties, score 1850

I kill K'Tahu only with repair droids
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1. Warrior, Imp, No Casualties, Highlights.JPG (372.5 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg 2. Warrior, Imp, No Casualties, Statistics.JPG (380.9 KB, 109 views)
Old 09-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Approved Member

Very nice score indeed.
It clearly shows, how strong the droids are, especially in a no-loss game.
The level of the dragon (50?) seems a bit low, although the percentage of killing (15?) is satisfactory.
Good (and very quick) job!
Old 10-18-2010, 05:00 AM
Registered Member

I don't understand how you guys do it without any loss. I struggle to beat him with horrendous losses and in such a large amount of time that I then cannot generate rage or mana enough to resurrect.

So, here I am:
Difficulty: Normal
Level 50 Mage
Leadership: 20,450
Att: 11
Def: 9
Int: 48
Rage: 73
Mana: 110

I am using the following units, all of which are the maximum amounts my leadership will allow:
127 Knights (NOTE: In order to get any knight stack at all, I had to sacrifice thousands of Dwarvern miners because in all the islands, I only found 14 for sale normally *sigh*)
92 Paladins
113 Horsemen
97 Demonologists

To help with comparisons, here are the stats for my Knights, after Haste (level 3 +1 power for boots) and after Stoneskin (level 3)
Att: 41
Def: 58 ---> Physical:78% Poison:8% Magic:8% Fire38%
Movement: 6
Crit: 22%
Damage: 16-18
Health: 180
Morale: Positive

In the video posted by the first poster, it looks like the damage per unit is over 10,000... But my stack of knights (before being decimated by enemy forces) only seems to cause around 900-1000 damage.

Please help because I'm really losing my patience with the game

Last edited by Yana; 10-18-2010 at 05:19 AM.