Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:52 AM
Registered Member

Default beginner tips

hello guys

im a big fan of the heroes of might and magic series and i saw kings bounty on some forum. its my first time to play KB:AP and at first i had difficulties because i am a mage and i chose normal difficulty. Im already at level 43, 3 million gold, 17k leadership.... is it bad for a first timer? any tips? im using the fear/lightning ball/dragons strategy....
Old 07-21-2010, 01:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphmartin View Post
hello guys

im a big fan of the heroes of might and magic series and i saw kings bounty on some forum. its my first time to play KB:AP and at first i had difficulties because i am a mage and i chose normal difficulty. Im already at level 43, 3 million gold, 17k leadership.... is it bad for a first timer? any tips? im using the fear/lightning ball/dragons strategy....
This is the result of my second game...

From the companion and troops data you can clearly see what I did in this game - the easy-as-pie Black Knights + Splinter of Darkness strategy.

I'm pretty new to the game too; only completed it three times (Paladin@Easy, Mage@Normal and Warrior@Hard), about to start Mage@Impossible.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:57 AM
Registered Member

good for you sir. as for me, i havent finished my game. literally, its my first time to play it. heck, i havent played the original king's bounty (im talking about the legend) so the first 50 battles were a bit difficult, plenty of losses and a couple of game overs.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:39 AM
Approved Member

I don't have Legend either... I stumbled upon AP in a store with a pretty attractive price, being a HoMM player (have all except chronicles), I bought it.

Then I found out it has online activation.
I'm fine with disc check DRM (that doesn't cause problems, e.g. SecureROM not StarForce), but I hate online activation.

I heard that AP's system is a lot better than Legend, so I'm okay without it.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I heard that AP's system is a lot better than Legend, so I'm okay without it.
Kings bounty the legend is much better than AP. There is actually a storyline to go with it and most importantly, there are no small islands. You actually have continents that are truly massive as opposed to small islands like scarlet wind. I strongly reccomend you get The Legend. Sure there are some things better about AP like the new units but overall TL for some reason is much more fun.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Approved Member

King's bounty the Legend is a lot worse than AP, less different units to get, less items to buy, an entire class worth of skills that are pretty much junk, and it is a lot more linear. Oh, and you don't start with any way to use your Rage.