Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Approved Member

yup, on high stacks dragons are easier to kill than cyclops. Its a fact.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Approved Member

it all depends on which strategy you use. If you use green dragons with invisibility, the only danger to you are units with really high initiative. Archdemons and furious goblins in particular can really be a pain in the ass when paired with a hero. When you fight the orc heroes on elon, and furious goblins have an initiative of 10, they are the first ones needed to be wiped out, yet there are multiple stacks consisting of thousands each. Needless to say, if they hit you once, you are losing several units. Cyclopses are really easy to kill if you use inivisibility, and in most cases, so are dragons. Thorns can suck to kill like this. All units are beatable with relative ease if you use the right strategy. With thorns, you use dragons (black and red). When fighting assasins, cyclopses, dragons, and such, you use a high initiative unit and invisibility. When fighting elenhel, the mage on elon, or the lizard heroe in montero, you use black dragons to avoid all the spell damage. Finally, when fighting bosses, you use paladins with phantom+ stone skin+ frenzy. When i fought k'tahuu, my paladins ended up with an attack around 250 or so when the fight was finished.

The one thing i noticed is towards the end of the game, you should only be using a single stack of units that have a high speed to run away while dealing damage of time spells like fire arrow, poisen skull, and ball of lightning.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3MES1S View Post
yup, on high stacks dragons are easier to kill than cyclops. Its a fact.
i rather fights cyclopses they are alot easier to bug
than dragons
they are a pain in the ass

just place a summon near the cyclops and it will never hurt your real units
Old 07-20-2010, 03:06 AM
Approved Member

...yea i think cyclopses are little bit easier to kill than dragons. cyclopses do very little damage from ranged attacks. I tend to take out other archers before them even if thier numbers are large. Thier true power is seen in close quarter combat with use of thier skills. Sure they have incredible resistance but thier damage is pathetic for a level 5 unit. You can have 14 cyclopses attack a dragon and it wont kill them but how about 14 black dragons? I cant beleive this is even an arguement.

Cyclopses can be a really big pain in the ass at times but they also have no magic resistance which allows for you to take them out really easially with spells that cause magic damage. a couple of magic axes and thier entire squad is destroyed. Of course black dragons can be killed with death star but that is also a huge tax on mana and you would only be able to use the spell once per turn as opposed to magic axe.

I dont really think green or red dragons are that much of a threat due to geyser which can absolutely destroy thier stack but when we talk about black dragons, they are a nightmare for mages. You can cast trap if you know where they are going to go but after the first round, it becomes difficult to predict. Thier regular attack is devastating to all units save for archdemons, red dragons, and of course black dragons but if they manage to nail you with thier flying fire breath, your getting heavy losses. Keep in mind they also have a high chance of burning which significantly lower your defense and cause damage over time.

Dont get me wrong, cyclopses are a real bitch to kill in large numbers, but they just dont compare in any way to black dragons
Old 07-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Approved Member

black dragons can be easily ripped with
armageddon
or death star
^^

just use 2 big stacks of repair droids
and gg no re for the dragons;D
Old 07-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
black dragons can be easily ripped with
armageddon
or death star
death star and armageddon destroy any unit though. Like i said, both of those spells require a shit load of mana and you can only use that spell once per turn to damage black dragons.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Approved Member

i thought death star was only to any living unit?

armageddon is astral+burning

but i can be mistaken on the deathstar

but in most cases u only need to cast armageddon once
for 10k damage ^^
kill alot of dragon
Old 07-21-2010, 12:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
i thought death star was only to any living unit?
No. I killed the entire stack of black knights in moro dark's army by using death star.

Quote:
but in most cases u only need to cast armageddon once
for 10k damage ^^
i dont know what kinda luck you have had to get armageddon to do 10k damage but for people who obviously have shitty luck with items like me, it averages around 4-6 thousand damage. I usually end up with 40-50 intellect (50-60 with wander scroll) and thats with me finding all good items like dead skull, those crazy shoes from the gift bag, ect...

and yea... 10k damage will kill a lot of just about anything. Except those massive stacks of 2000+ dyrads. Thats always a real pain in the ass
Old 07-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Registered Member

I think that Necromancers can be very annoying, specially if you don't have a strong army or spells.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Approved Member

i got my intellect on 58 ^^
and i ain\'t using the gift bag

necromancers ain;t very annoying they do low damage

esp when u use droids

they have no chance at all