Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 04-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Approved Member

I don't know what are update changes. "SW2 real mod" changes much but it isn't easily adaptable to SW3. You can transfer ships and stuff with no problem but mod has totally reworked AI scripts, ships spawning etc. Nanaki works on this so try ask him in "random contacts" thread.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:35 AM
Registered Member

Default real sw update changes

There was a mod for SW2 that was called 'Real SW2' that changed a lot... It added the stonearrow/turtle as the motherships, and options of the cleaver as a p/s and other changes. What he was refering to was an 'update' to 'real sw mod' that used to be hosted on FF but was taken down in the last few years. My input was that any 'update' would have been code-related and therefore irrelevant, though I use REAL-SW2.rar for the stone arrow (5turrets, 5BG (rockets) as a basis for any of my stone arrow mods... Though as I asked in another post goblin if you knew of an easier way of importing GKgun's to an .IMD, for this post all he needs to know is that the files in the update are irrelevant in SW3 unless he's taking up an excersise in reverse-engineering code

models/meshes/textures (*.imd) are contained in the mod, and you can create your own carcass/slot file for any ship you want... Hope I didnt mistranslate anthing and I wasnt givin anyone a hard time!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 04:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel_braun View Post
(5turrets, 5BG (rockets)
Sorry, too drive to drunk atm, I meant 5 turrets 2BG
Old 04-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Approved Member

RealSW2 uses BigGun slots as opposed to GKGun slots. The best route is here...

1: Open up a SW3 Mothership Model with IMDEditor.
2: Export any GKGun reference. Does not matter which one.
3: Open up SW2 Mothership of your choice
4: Import the GKGun reference, make sure to ADD, not REPLACE.
5: Copy the GKGun reference, and than copy over the BigGun stats over to each GKGun. Make sure you copy over EVERY stat, as forgetting even one stat could mess things up.
6: After you are finished, delete the BigGun references.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Registered Member

Default Cheers

Thanks nanaki this is virtually what I already do, was just wondering if there was an update/quicker way
Old 04-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Approved Member

Nope, unfortunately. IMDEditor was designed to be used with SW2. Updated version is highly unlikely as well.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:55 PM
Approved Member

ok thx for answer, but from the mod had anyone a openable carcasses.xml, because if i want to open it in word 2007 it schows a massage, that the file can`t be opend, because it does some errors ... this is only with this file all other .xml i can open and so i can´t read anything out of this file, or isnt it possible to overtake somethings to sw3?
Old 04-19-2010, 08:42 PM
Approved Member

For viewing and editing I recommend Notepad2 It's small, fast and has more than enough features for simple editing xml files. If combined with Total Commander Pack (useful for comparing files) you can do nearly everything with these files.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Registered Member

Default editing

Or use notepad++, it's designed for xml files and colour highlights and tabulates, makes everything a piece of cake!
Old 04-22-2010, 06:59 AM
Registered Member

How's that script progressing goblin, have you had any brainwaves concrning the pilots? I'm wondering if you couldnt have the pilots (hireable ones) to be static in their perks? This way their prices could be related to their combat proficiency?