Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 04-10-2010, 01:08 AM
Registered Member

http://freenet-homepage.de/allaway/s...x_english.html heres the link
Old 04-10-2010, 06:10 AM
Approved Member

You are talking about "SW1 Motherships Mod v1" I think. Judging by the screens most of them are in my mod now (only not fully manageable). I've just made fast check and I think it will be easy to add guns to motherships in my mod by simple copy/paste (I hope turrets will fit, not flying outside hull or something). I'm going to upload new version tomorrow so it should include most of these.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Approved Member

Hello Goblin Wizzard. I tried your MOD yesterday (not a new game, used it in my current one). May I ask what pricing do you plan for those motherships?
Old 04-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Approved Member

I would like prices to be realistic so the cheapest will start at about 1.5-2KK credits. It's still not too much comparing to high level fighters. There are many ways to get unlimited piles of cash (really easy) even early in the game so it won't be a big deal. But... I'm open to any suggestions.

Last edited by Goblin Wizard; 04-12-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Registered Member

Hello Goblin wizzard

When will we enjoy a new update of your mod ?
the 0.1 is great, even if it add nothing really new (fighters was already in the game and mothersips can't be used because of the lack of slot for fighters) Oh, and I did not manage to hire some new pilot, is that normal ?
I can't wait for a new version.

Great job anyway !

PS : sory if there is some mistakes in my way of speaking (not english)
Old 04-13-2010, 08:21 PM
Approved Member

I'm adding new pilots right now. Version 0.2 will contain 5 pilots (maybe more). Script that checks 6 pilot cap is done too but adding this script to every mission that gives you new storyline pilot takes much time. I have to be very careful not to break storyline path. The worst thing is that I can't check all possible paths. I'm going to add "emergency eject" button to the maintenance station menu too.
Some motherships will be converted to manageable condition. They won't be uber gunships. Just similar to 2/4/4 standard setup. Some of them will contain big gun turrets (in place of normal big guns) and these turrets will be buyable in my shop.
I'll try to upload something before the end of the week. I enjoy learning 3dsMax so work progress is slightly slower.

ps. about pilot - I've tried this mod on a fresh install and everything should be ok. Next version has new hiring script so wait a while - everything will work.

Last edited by Goblin Wizard; 04-13-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:46 AM
Approved Member

that was quick
Old 04-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Approved Member

I've done some more testing to my pilots cap checking script. I've found it to be a serial killer later in the game. When the number of pilots in the system is high it clears your hangar like mad . It's fun to watch but makes game totally unplayable.
I have hard time trying to find good function/command that can see difference between pilots controlled by the player and others (called by name like Phantom) existing in the sector. If someone has any idea please share.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmaynard80 View Post
does anybody knows, what the real sw2 mod update changes and where to get it or can anyone upload it? (at filfront the update is not to have )
Old 04-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Registered Member

Default real sw update

Not sure in the slightest, though tbh since (assumption) you'll be using the meshes/slot files with sw3 the coding changes would be irrelevant. In reality you only need a few files from the mod and to mess around with modding sw3 to gain the benefits here, though obviously none of the meshes in sw1/2 mods have gkgun refs in them.