Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 05-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Approved Member

The most important thing is get Intuition perk, it will give you sometimes more options to chose answer. As in Dionius without this perk are 3 options to answer with this perk 4. Adf if you choose the 4. answer it is easy to drive pirates out with NESF support.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Trucidation

Thanks Hal2003, I forgot about intuition. But it would really help us know that the skill is being used if they coloured the additional choice differently, like the dialog choices in the game Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. (In that game there are skills to charm and intimidate people: charm decisions are coloured pink and intimidation in dark blue, so you know what each dialog choice is supposed to do. It was quite a fun game.)
Old 06-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaki View Post
Getting good equipment is no problem, all you have to do is take some time off from the story mode, farm pirates, loot their stuff, and sell it on the market (this is not even counting the fact you can just go to the hidden caches thread, find some caches, and become an instant millionaire). Every once in awile you should visit a patrol station to offload the pirate escape pods which gives you more cash and a little bit of experiance.

The problem is skill points. The game is really skimpy on them, and this is on normal. I could kill thousands of pirates and still only get about a hundred or two skill points, barely enough for one high-tier skill. It especially sucks since skill points and the skills they provide are the only thing seperating you from the average enemy fighter, since enemy fighters are typically very well equipped.

Is there a value that you can change to alter the rate of skill point gain?
Old 06-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Approved Member

Check here
Old 06-08-2010, 07:50 AM
Approved Member

It's funny how he complained about it being hard, and his mother ship being weak. Yet it's his fault for not having a better mother ship.
I don't really like posting in "gaem is hardd" topics cause the poster is usually bad, wrong or a troll. Do not want pay the troll toll.

I died to the aliens when they first came at me. No I didn't have the good shield, or repair for my mother ship (1500 shield and +2hp/s). My Systems Spec Hero died instantly.

All I did was move my guys away from the alien spawn, so the mother ship took the bulk of the damage (it only had the standard firmware). Then flew my guys in. Hero set to missile defense, and later repairs. As sure as death, they died. This was on normal mode, first time through the game as well. Hardest part was fighting the Greys, 2 fighters, 1 support, no laser damage reduction, got creamed. Gained laser reduction. Bang, done. Used the hacker ability on the messenger that runs back to base. And with a radar on Greyhairs ship I managed to navigate to the important zones while evading most of the Greys. Even the final mission came down to just using hacker attack on the "boss", and I attacked him with all my ships. Didn't seem like the climax the final fight usually has. Maybe next time I'll oppose the non-robotic side.

Now playing hard mode, with a Missile Spec Hero. It's EASIER than normal mode o_o. Sure you get less money, but if you know what you want/need that doesn't matter. Fire a LRM or two into the crowd to even the odds from 1:3 to 2:3-1:1 and you'll have zero trouble. If you're really in a pickle just assassinate everyone with a missile snipe. Might require more than 1 missile expert though.

It's all about your strategy and battle tactics.
Plan your attack, and even better, your defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucidation
...stupid is like those racing games where it takes like 10 laps just to overtake each AI car, and the moment you make one mistake everybody overtakes you instantly and it takes forever to regain your previous spot....
Codemaster's racing games solve that with a rewind option. I love those games. Most games like Gran Turismo/Need For Speed if you crash you can usually EASILY get first place back, since your car is often superior and you can gun it harder through everything. DiRT1/2 Rally stages are the best.

And there something you can do about it. Only be aggressive when you have the room to overtake, use low risk maneuvers/locations... that way you don't crash .
Old 06-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Registered Member

Goblin, what program are you using to open and edit the script files? When i use notepad i am having trouble with the notepad wanting to save it as a txt file.

Thanks in advance>>>
Old 06-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Approved Member

notepad2 mainly and TotalCommander with bunch of plugins (called Total CMA Pack).
Old 06-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaki View Post
I just went on a massive raid in Inoco space, and by the time I got back I only got about 150 skill points
I love raiding InoCo too. But I visited all their systems, crashed all their Galanet nodes and killed hordes of their fighters. Jumped to Zebos, resupplied and went back to Old Empire space. Got 421 skill points for Ternie, and the rest got less. Did this before the final mission for the MSF.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Trucidation

Yeah, good ol' Galanet, I love blowing that stuff up. Zebos is pretty high on my list of places to tour too especially considering the broken warehouse. Earlier on though when my team still sucks, pirates are the easiest option. It's like they're flying around with huge neon SHOOT ME FOR EXP signs on their heads... pity the poor foos. Can't quite bring myself to shoot trader convoys though, those people have a hard enough life