Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 03-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

Default This game spits you in the face and the nkicks you in the nuts

Well just finished the damn alienpart, was freaking hard in some of the fights, my team is quite weak as I sitll have the mastiff and no awesome shiledupgrade and only 3rd generation fighters. Well I finally get out I think but what happens then? A freaking berserk aramada is outside. Sure the aliens come the only ******* problem is that they come too late, my mastiff that has about 600 shield and no armor what so ever as I have been badly dmg, goes down in notime. I have been through som hard fights but always found a way to win, this is just retarded in every way, I can in no way avoid the billion of lasers and missiles coming at me at close range, what the **** do I do? I don't feel like replaying the whole shit to be honest The only thing I see is that I replay it a millio ntimes and hope that I'm lucky that every alien misses his laser.......yeah right. I read that there was some godmode but the debugmdoe isnt working for me, dont know if it because I am on an european comp or something but it doesnt work.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Approved Member

I agree that this game can be brutal, specially if it's your first run (it is for me).

But that's also what i like about this game, but i agree some battles are really brutally hard!
Old 03-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

Hard is fine, I like hard, what I don't like is a scripted event that owns you and there is nothing you can do about it but replay the whole shit or cheat. You must have full armor and shields and probably better armor and shield so you must do the shitstorm of hard ifghts flawlessly to be able to overcome a scripted event..........
Old 03-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Approved Member

Bahhh....

There is a whole Berseck armada after the alien portal in precursor system???

SH*T!!!! I thougt the aliens were my major problem....

No way...im reloading before get Herectic to rearm and better train my pilots....

And with luck, find the Star Wolve Mothership...
Old 03-09-2010, 06:20 AM
Approved Member

Well, I do not want to sound harsh, but what are you complaining about? That you have not upgraded your MS, your fighters and have not trained your pilots so the game is hard? So why have not you upgraded then? The mission to get a new MS is quite soon in the game. Far before the Precursor portal one...

to Avane: The third MS depends on which route you chose. Besides it is not the best MS in the game And you get your third MS pretty late in the game, usually just before the end.

Last edited by Killer; 03-09-2010 at 06:23 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Approved Member

You must have a repair system on any mothership. If it gets banged up set the gamespeed to x8 and wait for it to heal up before going further. Use the MIRVs, there is a reason for having missile boats in the game
I know it is tempting to save up perk points for the really big perks, but the only one you really need is the ace pilot to fly the 5th gen fighters... and even then you could probably get by quite easily without, point being get those points spent as it makes a huge difference. Oh yeh, pimp out that mothership or you really don't have a chance!
Old 03-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Approved Member

Ha....

Went through the aliens and bersekers...

The key word is TORPEDOS!!!

i reloaded before the precursor portal and got about 5 torpedos doing 2k damage each...they cost about 10k each.

And 9 missiles with 10 warheads each... the price is about 32k each.

Use the torpedos in Aliens cruisers an bersek chimeras...

Use missiles in the large amount of aliens and berseker smaller ships, they do a hellu´va punch...heheheheh
Old 03-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Approved Member

Just passed the whole event in "hard" mode and i understand how it could be frustrated for Uniq...

But it's true that i already had the Astarte, and also just before i went in the X220, i accidentally took a wrong turn and fell in a Xsector with 2 pirate bases...

One of them was also a smuggling base and i was surprised to see the KALI shield system for an expensive "pirate" price of 900.000...

And it also happened i had saved a lot of money lol...

This wrong turn and so KALI just "saved" my life at the end of the Alien Event
Old 03-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Registered Member

I found the alien thing hard as well, untill I reloaded sold some stuff beforehand and bought 2x hvy capital projectile turrets for 150k each. (I got lvl3sys in my ms and 3 3rd gen pulse laser turrets, also 40% laser dmg reduction, 1500hp 2hp/s shield and 1hp/s armor rep)

For Fighters I got 2 Panther, 1 Tiger, 1 3rd level missile boat forgot the name. and i bought myself 4 mercs @5900 per jump.

After that it was a piece of cake.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Approved Member

I played Star Wolves 1 and 2... the pain with Star Wolves 3 is not so much the difficulty, its the fact that the game is not as generous regarding skill point rewards as it was in the previous incarnations (I could get to the final mission and still have most of my higher tier skills unaccessible), and this is with doing every optional mission I could find. Star Wolves 2 also gave you the opportunity to do randomly generated missions for experiance, loot, and cash, which you cannot do in Star Wolves 3 and thus you have to grind random spawns which is increadibly slow and tedious work (I just went on a massive raid in Inoco space, and by the time I got back I only got about 150 skill points...).