Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

Default What's good against cyclops

I love these guys on my team but when the enemy has more than 2 stacks of 8 of them, it's hard to not have heavy loss during the fight. Anyone got a good suggestion on fighting them? I am currently using mage class but any general strategy would be helpful as well.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Approved Member

I would use a unit like red dragons + stone skin + heal & any other spells you have.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Approved Member

Summon stuff (phantoms work great) and park the summons in front of them.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Approved Member

I'd say anything with good physical defense parked in front of them, plus a unit with magic damage, this is the only type of damage cyclops are not resistant to. The more the damage, the better the unit
Old 02-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Approved Member

Playing as a mage, I find that I can normally damage them enough with my spells to ignore them and just repair the damage they do to my units afterwards.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Approved Member

I found that Ghosts are great against them as shields, especially if you have items to boost their physical resistance. As for damaging them - use magic damage, Lightning or Ice Snake does wonders.

If you only have physical hitters, I found that Level 3 Weakness really helps. They have a high defense and -60% decrease makes them a lot more malleable.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

Ball of lightning.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
I found that Ghosts are great against them as shields, especially if you have items to boost their physical resistance. As for damaging them - use magic damage, Lightning or Ice Snake does wonders.

If you only have physical hitters, I found that Level 3 Weakness really helps. They have a high defense and -60% decrease makes them a lot more malleable.
I concur. Level 3 Weakness turns them into silly putty against my ranged units. Very efficient spell.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:56 AM
Approved Member

I think we are referring to Helplessness? It is generally 80% reduction in defense, due to the negative morale, by the way.

That is almost always the most damage efficient ability to use on level 5 units, since they lose so much raw defense when it is applied.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
I think we are referring to Helplessness? It is generally 80% reduction in defense, due to the negative morale, by the way.

That is almost always the most damage efficient ability to use on level 5 units, since they lose so much raw defense when it is applied.
Ugh, you are right. I can't believe I missed that one. Weakness is pretty darn worthless. I was indeed referring to Helplessness.