Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:56 PM
Approved Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreangelicus View Post
How about doing something for the Emerald Green Dragons? IMHO they are the best unit to Phantom since all you need is the initial level 3 Phantom cost of 25 mana, and the Phantom EGD would recover that for you by using its mana blast ability; you don't even need mana accelerator to fuel the steady stream of Phantom-ed EGDs.

Yeah that mana shock is quite nice. I'll try to use the Emerald Green sometime. I've just never used them. I only used them in the early game when they were the only dragon available. Their speed of 7 is too low for me and if using a dragon I really like the benefit of the double hit from Red & Black fire, I totally exploit that. Plus R&B are much tougher imo.

I have a question about how the Emerald Green Dragon mana shock works. It seems to get more mana the more dragons are in the stack. But how much is the mana acquisition affected by the quantity of units that are shocked? Meaning, if I can only land between 2 stacks of enemy units will it give me less mana than if I got a situation where the mana shock hits 4 different stacks at the same time? Or how about if 1 of the enemy stacks being shocked only has very few units in it and the damage done by the shock far exceeds the total life of that stack, does it still give the same quantity of mana from that stack?

Probably the big turn-off for the mana shock, which is one big reason I don't use the EGD that much is it seems like sometimes I get like 1-2 mana from it even if other times I get as much as 24 mana (the most I can remember getting).

I wonder if I should put the question as a new topic in case some people don't read this far down in this one...
It would really be nice to know the exact and complete mechanics for how the the EGD mana shock works.

Last edited by WhYdOyOuThInKtHaThApPeNeD; 02-19-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:51 AM
Approved Member

Default Sweet first move for the Red Dragon

see pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fire flood.jpg (172.4 KB, 210 views)
Old 02-20-2010, 01:46 AM
Approved Member

I love fire flood. Also, emeralds come in handy when you want to get that one stray stack back in line.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:52 AM
Approved Member

No, please don't start more threads just for one question. It tends to clog up the boards, making it hard to find things. People will go to page 2 to answer a question on here, don't worry .

As for mana source ability for EGDs, it is dependant on the total damage dealt. So if you have more than one target, it will do more total damage, and gain more mana. If you have more EGD's, it will do more damage.

If you finish off a stack of one peasant though, it will do just that little bit of mana, and net minimal mana. You can often get 3 or 4 stacks with it late game, and is a great way to fuel a combat, and is the rival of the black and red special abilities. Less damage, but can often fill your mana to the brim!
Old 02-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhYdOyOuThInKtHaThApPeNeD View Post
Yeah that mana shock is quite nice. I'll try to use the Emerald Green sometime. I've just never used them. I only used them in the early game when they were the only dragon available. Their speed of 7 is too low for me and if using a dragon I really like the benefit of the double hit from Red & Black fire, I totally exploit that. Plus R&B are much tougher imo.

I have a question about how the Emerald Green Dragon mana shock works. It seems to get more mana the more dragons are in the stack. But how much is the mana acquisition affected by the quantity of units that are shocked? Meaning, if I can only land between 2 stacks of enemy units will it give me less mana than if I got a situation where the mana shock hits 4 different stacks at the same time? Or how about if 1 of the enemy stacks being shocked only has very few units in it and the damage done by the shock far exceeds the total life of that stack, does it still give the same quantity of mana from that stack?

Probably the big turn-off for the mana shock, which is one big reason I don't use the EGD that much is it seems like sometimes I get like 1-2 mana from it even if other times I get as much as 24 mana (the most I can remember getting).

I wonder if I should put the question as a new topic in case some people don't read this far down in this one...
It would really be nice to know the exact and complete mechanics for how the the EGD mana shock works.
Well, I wasn't quite exactly comparing the EGDs to reds or blacks. I just think that they are the best units to Phantom since you don't usually need more mana to fuel the stream of Phantom EGDs.

I'm early in my game and I haven't used Phantom-EGDs yet, but in KBTL I had the lineup demoness-inquisitor-EGD-shaman-demon for my impossible Paladin game and pretty much dominated enemies (7-day game/no-loss) using the Phantom-EGD tactic. As with the Giant tactic you showed, just move the EGDs forward and leave one move space left (and in KBTL they almost always moved first due to relative high initiative) then cast Phantom on them. Move the Phantom EGD to the enemy lines and WAIT. Enemies will swarm and pummel them, but due to high defense they will survive; do mana blast.

Late-game I was getting back 18-35 mana with the initial mana blasts. And this was in KBTL where a Paladin could only Phantom less than 50% of the original EGD stack; in KBAP you even have the Summoner skill to increase this.

The thing is, you only do this the first 3-4 rounds or so. By then, you would have decimated the enemies and there really is no need to Phantom more in since they would get back less mana due to less enemies.

But you are still correct, in KBAP there are other tactics, and better ones at that. Compared to KBTL, KBAP increased the stats of level 4-5 units, which is why red and blacks are usable now (they had pathetic stats-to-leadership ration in KBTL, and the burning mechanic is better in KBAP). I currently use another tactic though, black knights-repair droids-guard droids-repair droids; easy no-loss battles for my impossible warrior game (so far).
Old 02-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Approved Member

A highly effective strategy I found for Thomas Torkve.

Located in the underground cave on Elon called 'River of Life' he's always got an army of a lot of Paladins and Inquisitors.
As far as I've seen he never casts any offensive damage magic. I always saw him cast Divine Armor on his Paladins and sometimes a Battle Cry. Knowing this is really helpful for building a good strategy against him.
If enough of his stacks are damaged in the first round he'll have most of his Paladins & Inquisitors casting resurrection magic.

Flooding him with summoned units using Druids, Royal Griffins & Demonologists worked well for me. Royal Thorns, Dryads & Demons should work well too but i haven't tried. Despite the +150% power of Paladins & Inquisitors against demon class units I didn't find this to be any trouble.

Phantoming Royal Griffins and flooding Angelic Guards works really well. Angelic Guards have 50% resistance to physical attack which the Paladins are doing and 25% to magic which the Inquisitors are doing. Royal Griffins have 50% resistance to magic so have them take out the Inquisitors. Royal Griffins on the Inquisitors will prevent them from range attacking your mages.

Even though the Paladins still take out quite a few Angelic Guards per hit they can't keep up with the flood if Mana Accelerator is used to guarantee a Royal Griffin phantom / Angelic Guard summon used every round.

Giants added to this worked well for me too. Phantoming Giants kept the Paladins quite busy and the Earthquakes were nice.

With Druids and Demonologist summons reloading every few rounds and phantom Royal Griffins summoning Angelic Guards the Inquisitors die quite early, the paladins become totally surrounded on all sides with reinforcements building up faster than they can eliminate them. Mages attacking with range on top of this. Thomas Tvorke is very easy. Granted I played him after I had gotten quite strong, I think this should work even when weaker.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Approved Member

Did you obtain that many demonologists through sacrifice?
Old 02-23-2010, 07:42 AM
Approved Member

Depend of game you can buy as much as you need. Inc are still better for res.

There is dwarf weapon that lower leadership cost by -15% iirc.
Phantom spell plus only PAladins won me all maps fights in verona with no loss ><.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Approved Member

is it me or it looks like your forgot about this weapon for your royal griffin set.