Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:32 AM
Approved Member

Default Best Troops to Use Against All Dragons Enemies

Any recommendations for no loss?

I know Arch Demon is probably the number one recommendation.

Probably Royal Griffin,Knights, Green Dragon?
Old 02-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Approved Member

Level 1-4 units generally are not good in that situation. Archdemons are great, Red Dragons are great (they won't hurt the enemy much, but that's what spells are for), Black Dragons passable if there aren't too many enemy dragons, Green Dragons pretty good. If you know Phoenix, a phoenix will also work - just bring in 1 low-health, high-initiative stack of a low-level unit, summon phoenix before the enemy dragons get a turn (hopefully you have onslaught), then resurrect your starting stack (if it died) just before striking the killing blow.

I think Paladins get a damage bonus vs. dragons, but they'll die eventually if there are enough enemy dragons (e.g., in Ultrax or Montero's dragon cave).

If you have Eye of the Storm (-1 speed to enemy flying and soaring creatures), you can often cluster all your units at one corner out of reach of the enemy, summon a unit at the opposite corner (in reach of the enemy), then use shooters to pick them off. I think the Hunter damage bonus vs. beasts also works against Dragons, although I could be mistaken.

Those are the easy approaches I know of, although there are probably others.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:59 AM
Registered Member

1 stack of archdemons with geyser and trap as dmg spells .
Old 02-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Registered Member

I just cleaned Montero's lair is 1 stack of Knights (86 of them) in no-loss. I have 2 Dragon shields so 70% fire resistance and 30% base resistance for my Knights. I use basically 2 spells on top of that: guarding angel (or whatever it is called) and resurrection, with Mana accelerator only from my Dragon. Traps and mana rings are also great there.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

Ancient Vampires work quite well too. Granted, if the enemy doesn't gang up on them.

In TL any archers with Dragon Arrows were really good dragon killers, sadly the spell doesn't work that way in AP anymore.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Ancient Vampires work quite well too. Granted, if the enemy doesn't gang up on them.

In TL any archers with Dragon Arrows were really good dragon killers, sadly the spell doesn't work that way in AP anymore.
Dragon arrows was my favorite spell in the KBTL I carried skellies all the time because of it, How does it work in AP ?
Old 05-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iregev View Post
Dragon arrows was my favorite spell in the KBTL I carried skellies all the time because of it, How does it work in AP ?
It doesn't reduce defense to 0, but with a % - and that is only 70% (I think...) at the highest levels too. Haven't used it in my game as I had no archers. But my Gorgul/Gorguana combo easily killed the dragons every time. Even Black Dragons - trick is to attack another weaker unit with your Gorguls that is next to the dragons, thus avoiding retaliation.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Approved Member

Cyclops works great too. ¿¿rangers against dragons? lol... arrow archers and in general ranger units are the worst possible units against dragons. U cant shot if u have the dragon on melee range, so wats the point lol. Think on it. Ogres are amazing agains dragons and trolls, if u fight on a lair/night, are a good choice too. But, in general lines, u should get level 4-5 units to fight dragons. Knights combined with paladins works well, but u need a relative high number stack of em.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

Unless if they are in huge numbers, even Dragons can be killed easily by lower level units - in high numbers, of course.

One thing to keep in mind - poison. All dragons are heavily resistant/immune to fire and magic, and have high physical resistance, but are only moderately protected against poison. In KB-The Legend, I found my Royal Snakes to be the ultimate dragon killers. Of course, the Dragon Slayer spell helps too.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Approved Member

Royal Snakes only do poison damage when they use their lunge ability. Dragons except for bone dragons have 0% poison resist, bone dragons have 50%... so don't use poison against them.