Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreangelicus View Post
11 rounds & no-loss at impossible difficulty against Zilgadis? Nice.

I myself haven't loaded the gift bad mod; maybe on my second playthrough, if ever.

Do keep us posted on how this predominantly ranged lineup does against K'Tahu. With proper bonuses to initiative, I guess you could take out his Tirexes as they come up.
When I fought Zilgadis at first, I was only doing a test run. I came back to him now at level 49, and I just crushed him in 5 rounds no-losses, only wanderer scroll used was ancient knowledge.

The 95% magic resistance makes fighting Zilgadis, oddly enough, VERY easy compared to any other boss. Ironic, that Zilgadis gave me the most trouble with my previous game.

His towers have no special physical resistance, so they go down as soon as they come up. His special AoE attack is nullified by my 95% magic resist. I keep pelting him with non-stop arrows.

I tried K'Tahu and failed miserably. I simply do not have enough physical resists OR enough firepower since stupid lizards have rugged scales (1/2 damage to all non-magical ranged, OOPs, that is all I got ). I believe I can do it, IF I have more leadership. (who says leadership isn't useful? ) So, with the flaming eyes and nearly max levels (I would like at least level 55), I might be able to do it.

I didn't realize if you melee with K'Tahu, he will not do the massive physical AoE. Although, I do not have enough firepower to take out the lizards as fast as they come up. My strategy has mostly relied on the fact that I can cripple the enemy with a first strike before they can really bear down on my archers. (who says offense doesn't win in this game? )

It is possible if I keep bothering K'Tahu, he will not summon enough guys to overwhelm me. However, if I do not let him call up enough bodies, I might not be able to fully resurrect the team with RAGEful magic.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:43 AM
Approved Member

i killed himagain last nigt on hard with paladin...I can say it was a joke..I had paladins,knights,deathkngihts,archmages and black dragon...stone skin upp and he went down like a lvl 1 army..as soon as he summoned the gremlin tower mi knights just turned around and crited for like 11k ...this combo its a sick 1 plus that i have knights palas and archmages at hig morale so theyr dmg is insaine
Old 05-04-2010, 06:44 AM
Approved Member

sorry for my english ..posted in hurry cuz im at work
Old 05-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Approved Member

Black Dragons don't do so well on impossible no-loss - they'll survive the first few rounds of his mass-attack, but it's really hard to kill him before he does enough mass attacks to kill at least one black dragon. And you can't heal or resurrect blacks, so there goes no-loss.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:37 AM
Approved Member

god tip there..but i have like over 100 of them in the lair on montero thats why i could sacrifice somei think the boss had time for like 2 mass attack then he was dead..a bit to easy and i was lvl 44 ..and for no loss i dont think im gonna ever try that..my patience wouuld run out at the end To much to plan
Old 06-28-2010, 12:29 AM
Registered Member

Default zilgadis patterns

I'm going for no loss (hard) and ran into Zilgadis after I've killed everything but K'tahu (so no more levels to gain). I tried mostly dragons which had carried me so far but the mass attack was killing me. I tried archers but that was a joke. I went to undead with a paladin, vamp, anc vamp, death knights, and curesed ghosts. What I found was he doesn't use his mass attack as long as you don't attack his center head section. Seems really consistent. I fought the battle a good ten times because I kept screwing up my back in time spell timing or hitting my paladin's res ability with death knights right next to him. I'm not sure if Zil's ability pattern is the same for each army but there is definitly a pattern that can be used for avoiding the mass attacks.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroonMaurader View Post
Black Dragons don't do so well on impossible no-loss - they'll survive the first few rounds of his mass-attack, but it's really hard to kill him before he does enough mass attacks to kill at least one black dragon. And you can't heal or resurrect blacks, so there goes no-loss.

use shamans if you are using black dragons

their totems and the axes ability heal the black dragons
Old 06-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Approved Member

I beat Zilgadis on hard, with no losses. My army? A single stack of Dryads, with like 95% magic resistance.

As a mage, phantomed out hordes of Dryads, which would summon thorns (Summoner 3 btw). THorns summon more thorns... thorns are ALSO 95% magic resistant. Melee thorns take down towers, range thorns shoot zilgadis. Phantomed Dryads also attack zilgadis after they have summoned.

Occasional Calm rage to generate mana. Resurrected the few dryads I'd lost at end of fight. No problem.

I was playing a 'level 1 to 3 units only' game, by the way.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Approved Member

How'd you crank up magic resistance that much? I assume you have the Crown of chaos, among other things?
Old 06-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Approved Member

95% magic resistance?? is that even possible?