Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:12 AM
Approved Member

Default gremlin boss help

i salut you all again

So im at the gremlin boss and after a few tryes at him hi rips my units apart totally meanwhile i only get him to like 70%(im lvl 45 mage on normal)...i have 10 red dragons,9 green dragons,and 7 black dragons plus 81 paladins and like 87 shamans and this combo doesnt work really here...i have read on the forums abit and found ashort thread about the boss but didnt help alot..i was thinking horsemens,canon dwarfs (for the towers)paladins ,red dragons and royal griffins ..and guess what red dragons lows the moral for the griffins and they do like 35% lesser dmg plus lower resis..will be thankfull for andy advice or tips,regards Alpina
Old 02-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Approved Member

I would suggest using 2 tanks with 30% physical resistance and stone skin always on that will hack at the boss. Paladins and Knights are a good combo. You also need 3 good units to destroy the towers. Royal griffins are a good idea due to their high magic resistance. However, don't have them summon angelic guards, as this provokes the boss to use his mass attack much more often. The other 2 units must have 150+ HP and decent physical damage (towers have 0% physical resistance).

The next thing you need is to stock up on items that grant physical and magic resistance. If you don't have such, it may be a good idea to do some more fighting and open up all maps before engaging Gremlion. The Inquisitor's Sword will also help, because you'll be able to bring in more paladins to this fight. The dragons are not a good choice because they can't be resurrected properly and as soon as you lose a few of them, you'll grow weaker and weaker. Shamans may still do well, but you will need to use them for their melee attack, because if you summon a totem, this will again provoke the boss to use his mass attack, and the dancing axes will not damage the boss or the towers substantially.

In a nutshell, try using 2 tanks (Knights + Paladins, for example) near his left and right hand, and have stone skin on them at all times. The other 3 units of your choosing will have the sole task to destroy any tower he spawns. Equip all + physical and + magic resistance items, especially the magic resistance ones. If you don't have such, try to find some. If there aren't any, gain some more levels and tackle the boss on lvl 50-52.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Approved Member

always a helper cheers DG...Im gonna try the setup you sayd but i will exchange the knights for horseman cuz in my game i found like 20 knights so far but i think horseman will doit to(they got pretty nice phys resi if i remember right)..for magic resi i got the dragon medalion its called if im not wrong(7% right?)and i got 2 chest with 10% and 5 % will equip them both and will see how it goes ..cant wait until i get home from work
Old 02-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Approved Member

Well, if you don't have enough knights, you can always try to squeeze in some black knights in a human army (if you haven't killed Meshmere, you can make some). You most likely have persuasion, so you'll already be at +1 morale, so using them will simply negate it. Royal Griffins on the other hand will also add +1 morale, so you will still have the advantage of positive morale.

I personally did it with a mage on impossible with Paladins, Knights, Horsemen, Guardsmen and Archmagi (for additional protection of the weakest stack) and it worked well. However, I can see how the Royal Griffins can easily replace the Guardsmen because of their decent magic resistance (50%) which will greatly help against Gremlion's mass attacks.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Approved Member

first try today and he went down..it was on the edge but his dead ..60 royal griffins ,83 paladins,9 tirex,100 horseman and 80 something archmages..at the end i was left with 54 paladins..it was a great fight no doubt the best so far..royall griffins and trex does huge amount of dmg to the gremlins tower mean while pala and horsemens choped the boss..the archmage was most there for high magic resi and shieldning who ever needed..i mostly use stoneskin ofc resurection some firearows and phantoming for more ressing dead units..im sure i could doit a bit bether but his donwn thats what counts
Old 02-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

cheers for the tip DG..will remember that when its time for hardmode
Old 02-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

Grats!

Well, you did well as you are, because Gremlion is usually one of the last few battles to do, and you managed to take him out on lvl 45, which means only one thing: really good work
Old 02-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Approved Member

Thank You
Old 02-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Approved Member

I used Cyclops, Royal Thorns, Arch-Mage, and 2 other range units, I forget which (I think maybe Druids for the summoned meat and range). I got a near no-loss on that fight. It was so easy (on normal) I was sad. Don't even bother with melee units. I stormed him first with Big stacks of Black & Red Dragons, Arch-Demons and 2 other level 5 power melee units and suffered heavy losses. He's totally weak to range units with summoned meat melee.

Oh and the phantom spell is essential. So many ruthless ways to use it for that battle. I was about level 45 as well. Royal Griffins are good for that battle in case he summons Gremlin Towers, and for the phantom spell Heavenly Guard swarm.

I had Dress of the Magi and Archmage Staff, along with some other critical bonuses the Arch-Mage will get 100% critical chance, plus Royal Griffins Cheer a big stack of Arch-Mage do massive damage. I think there is something else that boosts the Arch-Mage as well. They can get crazy powerful.

Last edited by WhYdOyOuThInKtHaThApPeNeD; 02-09-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:23 AM
Registered Member

hahaha, gremlins running loose...