Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Approved Member

Ok back on topic here.
Doing pretty well so far on my Warrior-no-loss run. I'm in Verona, it's halfway through Day 5 and my warrior is Level 23, Dragon Level 24, Rage 90, Mana 37 and Leadership almost 11K.
Hit the motherload with the artifacts, got Ancient amulet and Gladiator sword on Debir and just purchased the Banner of Faith on Verona! I've also found 2 Magessy Dresses, a Princess's Dress, Snake Boot, Mages Boot (+2 Int and +1 to Slow/Haste) , Demonesses Whip, Mask of Hatred and 30% Atk against undead sword.

I've managed to do everything on the first 4 islands except Cuttlefish's Cave (He had about 50 beholders and i only had 11 Paladins then). So i've done half of the battles on Verona including the super stack guarding the Elona Map and managed to finish all of those b4 round 10 without breaking into too much of a sweat. Just waiting for a little more leadership and i'll try and upgrade the 2 Magessy Dresses, Grab Elenhal and head for Montero hopefully b4 day 6 starts.

My super summoner army is;

Demonologists
Druids
Royal Griffins
Dryads
Paladins
Royal Snakes

Not sure what i want to use for the last slot yet...possibly Red Dragons or Necromancers. Or possibly sneak to Reha and grab some of those amazing birds to complete the summoning set!

Last edited by travelingoz; 11-23-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Approved Member

Hiya fellow masochists
My impossible warrior is currently lvl18 and got around 73 no-loss battles and I have to say it's tough but simply amazing fun!
But now I encountered a really harsh event, every time i travel to Tekron I instantly land on a still way too strong pirate boat ( black joker ) I hope this will change but i'm affraid not which would be quite harsh after playing for days without any losses, looks like a small bug.
Anyone else had this same problem or have tips on how to fix it even?
Old 11-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbz View Post
Hiya fellow masochists
My impossible warrior is currently lvl18 and got around 73 no-loss battles and I have to say it's tough but simply amazing fun!
But now I encountered a really harsh event, every time i travel to Tekron I instantly land on a still way too strong pirate boat ( black joker ) I hope this will change but i'm affraid not which would be quite harsh after playing for days without any losses, looks like a small bug.
Anyone else had this same problem or have tips on how to fix it even?
I had the exact same problem with my first game of AP! I wasn't trying for no losses then so I just avoided Tekron for a while. I don't know how to fix it.

Travelingoz, I will use Target just as soon as I find it! I don't think it's in Verona. Also, I sometimes use the Heavenly Guards and then have the Paladins cast Second Wind on them to get them into the action on turn 1. My Intellect is too low (4) to make much use of Phantom yet. But my preference is to move the Royal Snakes up on turn 1, cast Paladin's Second Wind and Inquisitors Holy Anger on them, and strike! Healing 3 negates poison damage too...

Last edited by Zhuangzi; 11-23-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
I had the exact same problem with my first game of AP! I wasn't trying for no losses then so I just avoided Tekron for a while. I don't know how to fix it.

Travelingoz, I will use Target just as soon as I find it! I don't think it's in Verona. Also, I sometimes use the Heavenly Guards and then have the Paladins cast Second Wind on them to get them into the action on turn 1. My Intellect is too low (4) to make much use of Phantom yet. But my preference is to move the Royal Snakes up on turn 1, cast Paladin's Second Wind and Inquisitors Holy Anger on them, and strike! Healing 3 negates poison damage too...
I see, so it did fix itself for you in the end or it didnt? If it doenst i might have to think about quitting this game and start over
Old 11-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

Starting over? No way Tekron has the same difficulty as dersu, umkas and uzala. So you have 3 more islands to do before getting there, which means more levels and more leadership.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbz View Post
I see, so it did fix itself for you in the end or it didnt? If it doenst i might have to think about quitting this game and start over
No it didn't fix itself. I came back later as DGD says to do.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

Zhuangzi, you could try sneaking through to Dersu/Uzala, i found it there first this game... Then about four fights later dug it up in a chest on the battlefield. I also seem to be digging it up quite often on Verona now. Go figure!
I invested in Distortion level 2 quite early and just got the extra 15% skill too so that stragegy is working really well as i can summon enough Griffin phantoms so they don't usually get knocked off in the first round and cast mana spring on them the second round. They are super rage generators with their always retaliate ability. No luck finding Timeback yet though.... that one sure would be handy!
Old 11-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
No it didn't fix itself. I came back later as DGD says to do.
Yeah okay, I was affraid so. It's my first game so no idea if I miss much and such but i'll trust you guys on it and hopefully i can become strong enough to face the pirate without losses, cheers for the heads up though.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Approved Member

Well, in some of my playthroughs - including the one with the mage I'm doing now, Time back appeared on Montero in the dwarven shops. With any luck it will be there.

Still, it's a 30 mana spell - not everyone can afford it easily.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Approved Member

Okay, so it's day 10 already because of my travel between islands, and I am up to 102 fights without loss. I found the Portrait of the Griffin which means I can use Red Dragons and Griffins without less than neutral morale. So the Royal Thorns are in reserve - they're just too difficult to use with no losses.

I beat Zig Zag on Rusty Anchor but I can't seem to work out how to get into his cave. There's just one map guardian left there, and the other three small islands are all clear. I think I am almost level 20, about 7000 leadership. In Verona, I've managed to take out about two thirds of the stacks, but I've left the most difficult ones for now. (including heroes like Halt and Peter Drayan) The easily stacks currently are on Montero, some of which seem very easy. I can probably find another 10 or so easy fights on Montero, which means probably 2 more levels.

Attack is about 16, Defense 22, and Intellect 5. I am giving up on Intellect really, as I don't plan to use direct damage spells at all for the whole game.

Things are going okay (surprisingly smoothly this evening) but I am lacking some things that I expect I'll need:

Target spell (not in Verona)
Time Back spell (likewise)
Archmages (only 4 of them - none in Verona)
Resurrection spell (haven't seen it)

Presumably all of these will be available somewhere, hopefully in Montero.