Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 01-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Approved Member

Answers to questions from this thread
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28932

First, make sure you have the latest version which is 3710.1B (link located in the original post here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24547).

Offtopic - The title OP2GvSAPINST3710.1B is a play on the US Navy's NATOPS (Naval Air Training and Operating Procedures Standardization) procedures. The overarching Operational Navy Instruction (OPNAVINST) governing all NATOPS is numbered in the 3710 series. Change NAV to my Il2 (and RoF, CloD, DCS BS/A10C, beer drinking, etc) squadron 2GvSAP and you get OP2GvSAPINST3710. Version .1 is for CloD, version .2 will be for Battle of Moscow, etc. The A, B, etc reflect subsequent revisions. Confusing enough?

Frey... I have not tested all BLACK procedures against in game use, but they are close. I would really appreciated it if someone took that as a challenge to find errors.

Sutts... The RICH and NORMAL setting are just two different ways to label the same thing. Some aircraft were label RICH and some NORMAL, even with the same engines. Maybe it was a standardization thing based on when the planes were built/designed? (See Purple page 4)

I think I recall that the 2 pitch props should be cycled, but I forgot where that was. I pilot's notes I had were for either the Fixed pitch prop or the CSP prop. Don;t think it would hurt to do, especially if you want to be as "realistic" as possible, but I don't think it would have any impact on in game reliability/performance.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GFlea View Post
Answers to questions from this thread
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28932

First, make sure you have the latest version which is 3710.1B (link located in the original post here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24547).

Offtopic - The title OP2GvSAPINST3710.1B is a play on the US Navy's NATOPS (Naval Air Training and Operating Procedures Standardization) procedures. The overarching Operational Navy Instruction (OPNAVINST) governing all NATOPS is numbered in the 3710 series. Change NAV to my Il2 (and RoF, CloD, DCS BS/A10C, beer drinking, etc) squadron 2GvSAP and you get OP2GvSAPINST3710. Version .1 is for CloD, version .2 will be for Battle of Moscow, etc. The A, B, etc reflect subsequent revisions. Confusing enough?

Frey... I have not tested all BLACK procedures against in game use, but they are close. I would really appreciated it if someone took that as a challenge to find errors.

Sutts... The RICH and NORMAL setting are just two different ways to label the same thing. Some aircraft were label RICH and some NORMAL, even with the same engines. Maybe it was a standardization thing based on when the planes were built/designed? (See Purple page 4)

I think I recall that the 2 pitch props should be cycled, but I forgot where that was. I pilot's notes I had were for either the Fixed pitch prop or the CSP prop. Don;t think it would hurt to do, especially if you want to be as "realistic" as possible, but I don't think it would have any impact on in game reliability/performance.

Thanks for clearing that up 2GFlea, you're a star. Lovely piece of work by the way. Cheers.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GFlea View Post
Spit I, "Starting Engine", you should add the throttle setting. I guess it is ½ inch, as for the Hurri.

Working on the movie atm...
Old 01-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Approved Member

Goes for the Spit II part as well, btw.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Registered Member

Rule 8 -Double posts of similar content

The "official" Aircraft Operations Checklist is linked below. My intention is to provide a companion to the COD Manual that came with the sim. In my opinion, that manual did not include near enough information on the various types of aircraft and how to operate them effectively. I also found the information on ammunition and the various bombs and fuses to be a little on the weak side. These checklists are my attempt to remedy some of that.

The checklists and other included data are based on historical documents and manuals, and therefore may not be optimized for in game use. However, they are better than pure trial and error. Please give them a try.

My plan is to provide updates whenever significant new material is added to the sim. This includes new plane types, additional weapons or ammo, or significant changes to FM or in game operating procedures. I encourage you to provide criticism and to identify any error you find. I will collect all comments and will make appropriate changes as I post new updates. I have the MS Excel file that the checklists were published from but I'm not posting it at this time. If you wish to have the Excel file, please PM me or comment in thread. If there is interest, I will post the file later.

Please feel free to post on other websites or forums. There is some copyrighted material in the file, so please, do not attempt to sale or use for any financial gain. Thanks and I hope you enjoy the checklist.

COD 2GvSAP Aircraft Operations Checklist

Oh, if you appreciate the checklist and see me flying online, show some love and don't shoot me down. biggrin

Here is an updated Aircraft Operations Checklist. I have tried to incorporate the suggestions and corrections I have received from this and other forums. I am posting the pdf and the excel file this time around.

Changes from last posting include:
- Dividing the document into sections by Air Force
- Included ICAO Standards for temperature and atmospheric pressure
- Added information on propellers and mixture in Cliffs of Dover
- Added information on the Luftwaffe Weapons Control Boxes
- Combined Hurricane and Spitfire 87 and 100 Octane settings into a single
- Added pages on the Tiger Moth, Bf 109E-4, and He 111 (H and P variants)

Unfortunately, I have not added the detailed procedures for the Luftwaffe types (excepting the 109 variants). My excuses are trouble translating the source documents, much more complex procedures for the larger types, fidelity of modeled systems in relation to historic procedures, and looking toward the future.

In my work to date, the model differs most from the historical in terms of the Zünderschaltkasten, Abwurfschaltkasten, and the Luftwaffe fuse operation. I have tried to show how these items work "in game" but I'm not really satisfied with it. My work with the ZSK and ASK demonstrates the problems I was having with the more complex procedures of the larger types. I wanted to provide the limits, conditions and procedures for the aircraft based on historical documents, not get involved in assessing the accuracy of the modeled systems or performance to reality or writing the "best" procedures for Cliffs of Dover gameplay. There are many excellent videos demonstrating aircraft start up and other "how to" videos will continue to be produced.

I will continue to update this document based on suggestions or corrections. I will also try to provide "blue" pages for every type made flyable in Cliffs of Dover and its follow on. So please keep the comments coming.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 05-08-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrburns View Post
Wow!
Only one guestion about the document though. The graphs on airspeed (IE page 6) refer to a Vno...What's Vno? I know what Vne is but never heard of Vno.
Vno is maximum structural cruising speed. It the begining of the yellow arc on a standard marked airspeed indicator.

It is the speed that wind gust can bend or damage the aircraft. You can exceed Vno only in smooth air.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:17 AM
Approved Member

For what it's worth, I do have an updated version I plan on posting as soon as the patch is released. No major updates, just some minor tweaks and corrections.

So now yall have another angle to pester Black 6 and Luthier for the patch... "Get the patch out quick guys, cause Flea's waiting on you and I really, really must have the next version of the world famous, essential and totally awesome 2GvSAP Aircraft Operations Checklist version 3710.1C!!!!!"
Old 09-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

S!

Great manual! Saved me a lot of trouble in learning to use all the different plane types. Yet, I would like to get the same level of info on the G50. Maybe in the next version?
AMD 1055T Hexacore@3,4GHz - 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 - ATI 6950 2GB, flashed to 6970 shaders - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - 30" LG W3000H (2560x1600) - TM Warthog Stick + Cougar Throttle - wooden DIY pedals with Hall sensor - FreeTrack
Old 09-21-2012, 12:31 AM
Approved Member

I will have a G50 page, but it is extremely limited. No source material. I found a G50 manual (maintenance maybe) and was able to get some data. But my Italian is only slightly better than my Russian (which means Google translate handles it better). I was waiting for the next patch to be officially released, but I may just tidy up what I have and post it. Maybe next week.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:38 AM
Approved Member

Not sure why I am the only one saying this but...

There is no link in the post. I can see 'COD 2GvSAP Aircraft Operations Checklist' but it is not a link.