Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Registered Member

'Integrity'.
You know what that is "dorftrottel"?
Old 01-29-2011, 10:23 AM
Approved Member

Default B-17 the skull breaker

It all has a reason:

Four years ago, 60 years after his discharge, XXXXXXX told his Veterans Affairs doctor about a terrible nightmare he had the night before. XXXXXX agreed to see a social worker and was eventually diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder. He now attends therapy sessions twice a month with other veterans from World War II to Vietnam to the current Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts.

Talking about his problems helps.

“You realize this always is in your computer,” XXXXXX said. “It’s always up there. The point is that you can live with it because you know what it is.”

And there is help to get............
Old 01-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themeistor1 View Post
just reported 23 of the most abusive messages, The men in white coats will be round.My kids use my ps account sometimes and they don't need 2 see hatefull rantings like that,So whoever you are could you stop it at once.
You can block the user on your xmb.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:07 AM
Approved Member

On topic here, i dont think the b-17 is a game breaker. It can be if you know how to use it properly but along with some other aircraft.. if you use them properly against the b-17, it will be useless.. just a battle of atrition. Its easy to shoot down with a g-6 or k-4 if you have the right angle.. even a bf-110 will easily bring it down if you get a close, clean shot at it. swoop on it like a peregrine falcon and shoot from above and pull up underneathe it and perforate its fueselage.. if the pilot flys it in a straight line its easily taken out by going head on about 600m lower than it and pulling up vertically to shoot the fueselage. even shooting the ground targets with a g-6 <in flight> will defeat your average b-17 pilot. thats my opinion anyways.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezshumniy View Post
if the pilot flys it in a straight line its easily taken out by going head on about 600m lower than it and pulling up vertically to shoot the fueselage. even shooting the ground targets with a g-6 <in flight> will defeat your average b-17 pilot. thats my opinion anyways.
That was what I was saying in a previous post.

"A german fighter tactic against B-17s was to approach from about 600m away head on, while pointed down at a 30 - 45 degree angle. At about 100m they would pull their nose up to a 45 degree angle and fire at the B-17 before banking left or right while going into a dive."

I have used this tactic in arcade against several B-17s with high success.

In realistic I like to come from above at about a 70 - 80 degree angle at 400m above them. I normally aim for their top gunner or right in front of it.

I always enjoy seeing the B-17 burn as it tumbles to the ground.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

never attack an il10,il2m or any heavy bombers with rear gunner in an attack by behind,even it is hard ,try to find a tactics to kill those planes,i don't think it is a gamebreaker,just a hard target,who transform us as a nervous guys ,it is the game..
Old 01-30-2011, 07:15 PM
Approved Member

i think too even alone,in the real war,the b17 was an hard target,maybe u know the real story of one b17 in the pacific theater,who did a recon mission ,alone,2 or 3 machine guns were add in this plane,during this mission ,this bomber was attacked by a lot of a6m zeros in same time,it was a real "rain of fire"head to head ,side,behind attacks,all the tactics were employed by the japaneses pilots,but the b17 was not destroyed and the gunners shot down a zeros,one crew member was killed but the b17 returned to base...
Old 01-30-2011, 08:58 PM
Approved Member

I wonder who was doing the catering in the back while the fight was on and what was the special of the day !
Old 01-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Approved Member

i know lol
Old 02-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Approved Member

Anyone else smell that?