Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

View Poll Results: What should I Prioritize on?
Basebuilding! 1 25.00%
Balancing! 0 0%
The Mod Manager! 0 0%
Asteroid ore-dropping! 0 0%
Intensive Bugfixing! 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2015, 04:54 AM
Approved Member

How did I miss this!!!! already 5 hours into another run of star wolves 3 and it's time to restart and try this out. All I can say is thank you for bringing something to keep the game alive as Star Wolves is one of my favorite games along with Freelancer and homeworld. Just letting you know at least one more person appreciates what you're doing .
Old 12-31-2015, 01:54 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @All

Hm, sadly I couldn't release the update this year, a pity.

But I will definitely Release it in Mid-January or at the most late in February, with some veeery nice features .... and of course Loads of bugfixings.

Wish you all an Happy New Year allready!
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)
Old 01-01-2016, 11:32 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @All

Ive got you everyone a little awesome thing I put together via Debugging the exe once more and Bypassing the 8x Speed Resetter, so you are now able to actually play on 8x without the game resetting you back to 4x!

Beware the Exe is mostly untested and Ive encountered no Bugs so far, so watch out.

Eitherway, Have Fun with it! (DL is on the Frontpage at the Optionals!)
Theres one version for Vanilla and the SW3.Expansion Mod, they should NOT be swapped, as it will result in a Crash ^^.
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)

Last edited by nocalora29; 01-06-2016 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:58 AM
Approved Member

Hello!
It is mid Jan. and I was wondering if there was any word on v.0.6.1B. I've been playing the current version but haven't found any new bugs that haven't already been mentioned or addressed. I've got some time to start a new round of testing if the release is soon.
Thanks and as always - keep the flame lit
Old 01-17-2016, 08:19 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Lotrek

Well, the new version im working on is progressing nicely, im expecting an test release to be available somewhere at the end of this month.

The features which will be included are Basebuilding(A small glimpse of it, it will have some Dialogue buttons which will do nothing, because they didn't quite got implemented yet and aren't ready to be used, and it may eat up some Performance depending on the size of the Base if you start to build one)

and (just maybe) the CPU Players, but ive got quite trouble with these atm, game crashing etc, so they have little chance of appearing in it, but We'll see.

I also have a very large amount of new Ships sitting here and awaiting to be assigned to some flight configurations, but I think because it would explode the size of the 0.6.1 update, Im just gonna push it out and wait till 0.6.2

additionally the 8x Speed reset Fix may also require some testing, so if you start the game, it would be awesome if you could do it with the Fixed exe.

Last Note-
I Actually really don't even know if the 8x speed fix works on other Computers, since the last time I fiddled with and .exe in Assembly I got the result that it only works like one time, but after the PC's memory gets flushed (Restarted) it just won't work and the exe is useless after that. So it really would mean alot to me if you could test the exe.

The flame will always be lit , well, atleast until 1.0 + 2 fixes if necessary.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:35 PM
Approved Member

I am not having an issue with the x 8 fix. Well other than the time I tried to use it in Kobra, yea pretty sure the internet died a little when I did that. Anyway, I am using win 10 with a steam version of the game.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:49 PM
Registered Member

First of all: Keep up the good work! This all looks very tasty to me

So I was wondering how exactly I'm supposed to install the SW3.Expansion.0.6.1B.. In the "Release Newest" section there is no link.. seems like you can only download the older versions. Also: When can we expect the next build? I was just about to start this game again and I would love to try out your mod.

Greets, Ivo
Old 01-28-2016, 10:21 PM
Registered Member

Just FYI:
When I started a new game with your 0.6.0B and the Hotfix, I wound up with a Mothership that had maybe 50 turrets which made the mothership menu completely unusable. Did I miss something?
Old 01-29-2016, 02:54 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @All

@Lotrek: Shesh.. Kobra?.... wonder how that worked out, rip universe, it was an very early experiment on how the game handled certain stuffs, with no thought given into peformance, I wonder why I even released an useless system like that... well atleast you can watch it get completely destroyed by Random contact Pirates after a (long) while in slow-mo.

@Back to All:
Version 0.6.1B of SW3.Expansion is now out, with the main thing which is different from all the other Releases is that it now has been Split into 2 Archives instead of a single huge one, because the file size of one would just get too huge.

Due to the Filesize exploding (The unpacked Mod is now like 1,50GB huge), and it absolutely AMAZES me that 7Zip could Compress the whole 1,50 Gigabyte to just 287MB!.

So.... why did the filesize explode?, well I just have gone a little too far Adding ships and stuffs where many of them don't have any use yet, but trust me on this, they will find their use soon enough, because I don't want people to Re-download all of the Megabyte I would like to see if I can establish some kind of SVN Repository with this, but it could take a while.

---WHATS NEW!!!!?---
-*Bugs(Main Feature)
-*Early Access(TM) Basebuilding!
-*The Respawn works now! (For Realz!)
-*Some new Ships
-*EVE Hurricane and Abaddon now Buyable (Seriously, you would have to farm like 4 hours for this)
-*Free money is gone D: (You can still activate it by going through the xml's)
-*STRiNGEDiT (A tool where an User can select the Name of certain Objects)
-*NUMEDiT (A tool where an User can select an Number)
-I just can't take these names Seriously, but its atleast something.
-*Updated MSSwitchBlock (Now an prompt will appear when you are close to being switched, this should solve ALOT of Issues people were having)
-*Decreased Mercenary amount of 24 to something smaller to avoid Crashes, it may still happen.
-*Note on the Basebuilding: Beware, if you build more than 1-2 Military Dockyards the game will go Apeshit in terms of Lag, I recommend using only one until I've nerfed the amount of fighters they Spawn to a more Reasonable amount.

This is what you need to be able to build anything: Supplies!, you can buy them at any Maintance Station.

This really took far longer than it should have, due to me just getting way too often distracted from this project.
It frustrates me a little bit that I still didn't fix most of the Known Bugs.... goddamn.

Last Note: For anyone willing to test in the version, please send me your Log file after you've tested it, even if there are no Errors(Haha, obviously there will be) there are many things which could go wrong and aren't being shown to you in-game, and Thank you everyone to still hanging be here to this day, to see that this mod has actually reached version 0.6.1 from literally zero is quite amazing tbh, still 4 main versions to go until Release, but even tho its only 4 (or more depending on mini-versions) there are still so much features to add and Bugs to fix, all this would have been never achieved without the help of this Community.

Last edited by nocalora29; 01-29-2016 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:30 AM
Registered Member

I was just testing the new build!
When you start with your walrus mothership and you open the Hangar Menu, it just says "Scanning Process Aborted: Unknown Source"
Seems that broke the game for me, I cannot modify my mothership.