Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Approved Member

i got demo's on scarlet winds

but anyway

those heroes do like 75~150 damage a royal thorn got more hp than that..

just beware of burning effect in which case u cast dispel
Old 06-01-2010, 08:42 AM
Approved Member

Yeo burning is probelem, anyway they are too troublesome for no loss. And demonologist on scralet .. well possilbe but you will get them like once per 50,100 games? Iits one of the rariest unit on the game. And i would like too see how it goes with them against big stack of dragons Maybe timeback could save them .. but its posibble once per 2 turns actually . Would be hell to do that.

Last edited by Elwin; 06-01-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:32 AM
Approved Member

it kinda easy
by the time u reach big stacks of dragons u got onslaught and hopefully quickdraw

corner the royal thorn
spawn thorns

let 2-3 summoned stacks near the dragons and shoot em off
Old 06-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Approved Member

Do you mean Tactics?

Dragon breath attacks will rip through your summoned thorns, and royal thorns at the same time. It is really not a viable strategy. At that point you are just doing it out of stubbornness.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:34 AM
Approved Member

what i meant was make sure royal thorn is in corner

if your high enough initiavive u go first
place trap in front of royal thorn

or

summon something in front of dragons so they stay away
Old 06-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

I always found good quantities of them on the big main island (forgot the name right now). Even used them for a while, but since I was going for no loss as a warrior, and got Time Back only late in the game (and Sacrifice doesn't really work for a warrior due to low magic stats) I dropped them later.

Also, sadly there are a lot of fire-using enemies (Fire Dragonflies, Imps, Demonologists, Alchemists, red and black Dragons) that will most assuredly pick on your royal thorns. Summoning weaker thorns helps, but since they are so slow, they always get to act after these fast enemies.

That said, I still value them more then the Gobot-spawning Chosa. Those cannot do anything when they are not adjacent to an enemy. Royal Thorns can at least move, and with haste they can even move and shoot in the same turn. They also have a very strong attack even at melees range.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Approved Member

Awesome cover art.

I like the picture of lake fairies laying on the dragon's beak
Old 06-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Approved Member

I'm a big fan of Royal Thorns, at least in the early/mid-game before the attacks start to outpace their HP.

The only problem is that they do seem to throw the weaknesses of the combat AI into sharp relief. Most of the time, enemies are far too eager to attack the summoned thorns. (You can hear the cry in the greedy little AI's brain: "Ooh, if I attack that stack there will be casualties! I love casualties!!") And then at other times, archers will choose to hit the Royal Thorns for 40 damage instead of shooting a stack where they might actually kill something. Either way, it makes me feel a bit sorry for the AI.

But yes, they're a fun unit to use.