Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Approved Member

Default What's the fastest Bus over to Hawkinge Airfield ?

Ok.... I was bored...! Thanks to SKY I have been waiting 9 days for a dodgy router to be replaced.....

I play a lot of CTA Realistic.....always bloody good matches with the ruffneck crew.....So you land at one.....take off.....go get the other one....

.....ok I know.....Davedog,Gilly,Shadow and all those other lovely Buggers are gonna take me pants down when I get there.....but thats another story !

Always thought as I chugg along at about 1000ft off the deck ..... wonder what the fastest BoP plane is to get from over here....to ...over there ???

So here was the deal.......1000ft +/- 5ft steady.....max WEP till I get there....who the Daddy King of Speed....... ? Tickets Please.....!!!

(Reverse Order )

I-153............. 216mph

Hurricane II.....235mph

Me110............243mph

Spitfire MkII....257mph

I-16...............266mph

Me109-E3.......275mph

MC.202...........282mph

YaK-1B...........283mph

YaK-9T...........286mph

Me109-F4........293mph

P47................305mph

Me109-G6.......308mph

P51-B.............310mph

Fw-190 A5......311mph

Spitfire Mk IV...312mph

Spitfire Mk XVI.313mph

P51-D.............315mph

YaK-3.............315mph

Fw-190 F8.......317mph

Fw-190 D9.......320mph

Ta-152............322mph

Me109-G2........322mph

Me109-G10.......328mph

La5N...............328mph

Me109-K4........331mph

La7................338mph

So...... If you want to be there first.......bag the Moscow Missile Express..... !!

Old 01-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Approved Member

Think you forgot about the 262 and 163 The suck but they are fast
Old 01-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Approved Member

Question:

Were those speeds averages or max? By the way, your findings fit exactly what I experienced when racing at Dover “triangle” i.e. counterclockwise circuit around radar antenna and in between those two pairs of lighthouses at Dover port. The clear winner was La-7, although we've done it in sim and the speeds were a little bit faster.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrickandgoose View Post
Think you forgot about the 262 and 163 The suck but they are fast
I think he was discounting the four non-prop planes on purpose. The Bf110 is embarassingly slow. I hope BoS is different.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope

Last edited by Robotic Pope; 01-13-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:41 PM
Approved Member

Well if you look at pure speed they can't be ignored I don't use the jets myself but they can be extremely effective and annoying in 2 airfield cta games Pappy used to love to use the 262 for this I have seen him dominate 2feild games with it by running directly to far field getting there right when first plane is landing and with 4 30mm cannons easily kill them in one pass then making a wide turn keeping speed up so no one can catch him and repeating the process annoying but very effective I have never really tested the speeds myself but many say la7 is fastest but shouldn't the p51 be?
Old 01-13-2012, 10:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrickandgoose View Post
Well if you look at pure speed they can't be ignored I don't use the jets myself but they can be extremely effective and annoying in 2 airfield cta games Pappy used to love to use the 262 for this I have seen him dominate 2feild games with it by running directly to far field getting there right when first plane is landing and with 4 30mm cannons easily kill them in one pass then making a wide turn keeping speed up so no one can catch him and repeating the process annoying but very effective I have never really tested the speeds myself but many say la7 is fastest but shouldn't the p51 be?
Sure thing, those jets should not be ignored. Me-262 is good for landings too! Not to mention taking down bombers (both Me163 and Me-262)! As for the P-51, I'm no expert but people have been arguing about that and the general consensus (if I'm not mistaken) was that this plane was not made right in this game. Perhaps BoS will be much better in that regard. We, Americans should have our "Top Dog" in this game too

PSN: PlaviKit

Last edited by Aquila chrysaetos; 01-13-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:18 PM
Approved Member

Well our top dog is in bos the hellcat 5271 kills more then any other allied plane and a 19 to 1 kill ratio can't wait to try it
Old 01-13-2012, 10:35 PM
Approved Member

Oh I agree. Someone who knows what to do in a jet can be a right pain in the arse for people trying to capture their airfield at the start of the game, its almost a cheese tactic. I was just saying that WildBoar was testing only the props as it is obvious the jets would be much faster.

The P-51D's speed and performance was all about low drag. I seem to remember one of the devs did confirm that the Mustang's flight model in BoP is as a P-51D with full external fuel tanks and with fuel remaining in the fuselage tank. The external tanks would massivly increase drag and slow top speed. Fuel in the fuselage tank would shift the center of gravity towards the rear and creat the instability we expierience in BoP. This can be tested in BoP by flying with the 1000lb bombs and comparing the speed to a run flown "clean". I think you will find no difference in top speed even when the drag from the bombs should slow the plane dramaticly.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 01-14-2012, 04:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
The P-51D's speed and performance was all about low drag. I seem to remember one of the devs did confirm that the Mustang's flight model in BoP is as a P-51D with full external fuel tanks and with fuel remaining in the fuselage tank. The external tanks would massivly increase drag and slow top speed. Fuel in the fuselage tank would shift the center of gravity towards the rear and creat the instability we expierience in BoP. This can be tested in BoP by flying with the 1000lb bombs and comparing the speed to a run flown "clean". I think you will find no difference in top speed even when the drag from the bombs should slow the plane dramaticly.
Wasn't this fixed on the PS3 with a patch? Why was it never fixed on the Xbox?
Old 01-14-2012, 06:11 AM
Approved Member

The p51 is garbage on ps3 too turns like a brick