Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks-81 View Post
Hi my french enemy / ally

Yes, the Zero in dogfight at low speed is deadly, but no is a good diver. The best tactics to fight Zero is the Boom and Zooms. The Corsair an the Hellcat are a good turner at high speed. If you have a problems in combat against Zero, you can always escape diving.
At worst you can always use the tach weave with your wingman.

I hope the Birds of Steel aircraft physics as realistic as possible.
popey and I tried the thatch weave one time.it didn't go so well.a proven tactic against the zero in ww2 but maybe not so in our video game.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
popey and I tried the thatch weave one time.it didn't go so well.a proven tactic against the zero in ww2 but maybe not so in our video game.
Hahaha. Yeash alot of the old tactics dont work so well on IL2 Usually ends with a pile of scrap metal in some poor farmers field.

To set the record straigh though guys.. everyone knows the Hurricane could make the trip from Hawking to Manston the quickest, you just need to know how to fly her right treat her like a lady and show her a good time haha.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
lol Yeah. [Robotic Pope and Bucketmanroc used Thatch weave, it wasn't very effective] Its very difficult because you don't have the periferal vision that you have in a real plane and the clumsy freelook makes it too hard to keep an eye on your wing man while still manuevering to remain in the correct position (especialy if using a gamepad, losing your rudder and throttle control while looking around)

Wildboar, Really i'm not sure if the game alters drag at all for added external stores on any of the planes. It may be one of the things that were simplified from the Il-2 1946 flight models. It would be an interesting test to see if bombs put on any other planes slows down the top speed. Bomb weight is also questionable, Ive always thought that adding bombs has effected handling, the Fw190F epsecialt feels much more slugish in the roll with all it's bombs, but sometimes I think this may be my imagination and there is in fact no difference at all.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope

Last edited by Robotic Pope; 01-14-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I had been thinking about how to integrate real air combat tactics into BF3, but I realized there's no way the weave would work because the designated victim would be just that before the defender could get back around. The aggressor might go down in flames soon after, but he'll get the initial kill.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Approved Member

Thanks guys for the comments. I always thought that the Tacht weave is easy in theory, but in practice be difficult, and more in the circumstances says Robotic Pope
Old 01-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Approved Member

hello guys!

yes i'm agree ,very hard with no periferal view!
2 nights ago we try a fly in squadron with 6 players,very hard cause no periferal view but was fun especially my last diving when i try to join the rest of the squadron ... direct in the volga river!loooool!!!BANZAI!!!!!!!!!!!

friendly
olife