Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 06-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Approved Member

Default Hey TD!! Config ???

Guys over the years lines have been added to the config file... Some of them come with the updates and some of them we have to add.. can one of you guys post the text of the absolyte very latest complete config file with all necessary lines added just so we can make sure we have everything? I am pretty sure that I do but one never knows...
Old 06-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Approved Member

Hi,

+ 1 for this.

What I would like to see also is an explanation of what each line in the conf.ini does and what the options are.
I know what some of the main ones do (water, effects for example) but other lines I that I think I know what they mean will have a value (eg 3) but I have no idea what that number can be changed to (is 3 the max value or is 750 the max ?).
And other lines I have no clue at all as to their purpose.

In other words a full guide for the conf.ini.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Approved Member

You can find a config.ini guide at Mission4 today.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
You can find a config.ini guide at Mission4 today.
I found a conf.ini guide over at Mission4Today several years ago, but it barely gave any info on what changes you could make.

After seeing your post I thought it only fair to have another look at Mission4Today.
The conf.ini guide over there is MUCH better than what I'd seen before and does cover a lot of what I was looking for.
But there are still things missing. For example in the "render_open.gl" section it shows sky=2 or forest=1, but it doesn't say what is the lowest or highest values you can use.

So there is a good guide at Mission4Today but it is still not fully comprehensive.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:19 AM
Approved Member

What I want is that the conf.ini could be modified from the game menu instead of the file. Like other game. Forest = High, medium or low same for water texture, etc.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:19 AM
What the heck...?

Some of the UI changes in the next patch will incorporate many adjustments that used to be accessed only by the config.cfg.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic727 View Post
What I want is that the conf.ini could be modified from the game menu instead of the file. Like other game. Forest = High, medium or low same for water texture, etc.
That is already possible, but in a more general way. What you set up in the grafics settings in game and IL2setup.exe, is what gets written in conf.ini.
You guys are just too used to manually edit the conf.ini (I admit, in some cases its inevitable, but still). Its mainly an INI file, storing info to be read by the game - not a SETUP file!

I see it this way: if you want to get a good feeling of master all the secrets of the mighty conf.ini and squeeze out the very best look with the very best performance, then just play around with it and do try and error, collecting all the additional info, that is still unexplored about it.
We don't have time to do such stuff for you.

What would be agreeable, was a summary of all additional entries, that we incorporated with our patches, and that are not availabe via GUI.

EDIT: Here is a very comprehensive anatomy of the conf.ini - unfortunately its in german (maybe a translater may help you):
http://wiki.sturmovik.de/index.php?title=Conf.ini

And here is something in english:
http://www.eaf51.org/newweb/Download...0Guide_ENG.pdf

----------------------------------------------
For bugreports, help and support contact:
daidalos.team@googlemail.com

For modelers - The IL-2 standard modeling specifications:
IL-Modeling Bible

Last edited by EJGr.Ost_Caspar; 06-14-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

+1 for Bearcat's original question.
Even more so, after 4.12 release!!
Old 06-27-2013, 04:43 PM
Approved Member

If you can set it i the options why do you need the config lines?!

I dont see the point
Old 06-27-2013, 10:39 PM
Approved Member

4.12 read me says there are extra lines for the conf.ini I still have my old one so I too would very much like to see a stock 4.12 one for comparison.