Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames

Fulqrum PublishingGames Discuss Fulqrum Publishing games not listed below.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:57 AM
Approved Member

Heh, I've finished Fantasy Wars on Hard since I've played Ascension, so I don't remember clearly. Take a quest from giant near castle to rescue the witch. Don't worry, giant is superstrong, so You'll survive. With witch it'll be easier, try to explore and search for easy targets (You can decide not to fight when enemy is too strong). Look for chests with gold and (rather) authority bonus.

You'll be allright

P.S. I recall that initially I was very fond of wolves (You can hire them in a cave near first village, they are guarded though so get Yourself some army). They are cheap and very fast. Later You'd like to switch to bears (Grizzlies especially ). It's really down to You, what type of combat You like and type of units You preffer. I had all my army on Fast and above, so my medium speed hero was not needed for combat really, magic was used instead. However, there'll be a few "duel" quests, so it's good to add a little damage too, not mentioning the health (most important ).
Old 10-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the hints, completing the witch quest was quite helpful. Now I'm trying to fight the wolves near the village, though I can't seem to manage without having the either witch or the archer-woman die on me. I'll work on it some more.

Edit: I did it! I found an easy-ish mob protecting an altar, beat them and got enough authority from the altar to be able to hire enough peasants to complete the wolf-quest.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolorabi
Edit: I did it! I found an easy-ish mob protecting an altar, beat them and got enough authority from the altar to be able to hire enough peasants to complete the wolf-quest.
And that's about the way to do this game

When You'll be passing river bordering lands of first guy (the one that whipped You) and his rival, You'll have option to either fight, or go willingly. I took the fight, and boy that was one of the hardest battles I had in the whole game
Old 10-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Registered Member

Hello there!

I would like to say that for old hook as I am , I do not remember game that keeped me stuned that much for long time!
It is not insane graphic UI or music or whatever it is whole atmosphere that made me recall some old feelings from time when games was more than posing.
Anyhow, I got stucked.I dawloaded patch , instaled it etc,. Valinor bug was solved and my game didnt crashed after killing him , but I can't see Emperror armor in my inventory when I looted chest on coast after leaving the castle.

PLEASE , if anyone have any tip for this problem - help!
I want to solve this and go finish the game

Best regards to all
Old 10-25-2007, 03:05 PM
Approved Member

Heh, heh. Wanna tip? Stick to Sohei (Sothei? Y'know, the light-style speeding fast armor) armor, it's cool because Your hero now is finally Fast on the battlefield (not to mention that he moves on adventure map like a small whirlwind of doom) and can kill baddies without those nasty spells all the time

Honestly, I have no idea why You can't get the armor (You've done the quest for it I presume), I had no problem whatsoever except that once my hero fell below the ground (re-load), and I couldn't finish the quest with magic words (y'know, "stand on midnight at the feet of the ruins and say three words in proper order") - been there, had the words, no interaction with the game to have a chance to say them xP
Propably it's down to the PC's specs...

And yeah, had the same "good ol' game" feeling when I've played ATTT as well. Shame it's that easy (Make. Difficulty. Levels. In. Next. Patch/Expansion ), but nonetheless, great game

P.S. Emperor's armor didn't look that great to me (btw, in final movie Your hero is in Emperor Armor regardless what You actually have on him xPP), and I didn't want to be medium speed again
Old 10-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Registered Member

Thanks friend,

It seems I made mistake, I should find that NPC before and finish getting armor back sux to walk trough game
My bad

Thanks again
Old 10-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Approved Member

After the initial difficulties, I've really been enjoying this game. In fact, I have had much more fun with it than I ever thought I would, and I'm probably not halfway through it yet.

If anyone reading this are on the fence regarding Ascension to the Throne, go for it. It may not look like much (though the units are very nice), and there are some flaws like Guardian mentioned before, but it's still a real gem.

Too bad the boxed copy is so hard to find in Europe, but there's always GamersGate (http://www.gamersgate.com/). And last time I checked they had it in stock at Play-Asia.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

im gonna try this game out if i find it in stock.

from the talk of few people here i realize its a great game and i saw few screens and it looks nice.

im gonna comment when i try out!
Old 06-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Registered Member

Amazing game, I haven't been this addicted to a game in ages. Like a lot of users said it's nothing complicated or amazing graphics but just addictive gameplay.

I have run into a technical issue though, I'm close to finishing the game and I'm near the lift by the assassins guild however when I go to speak to the guards at the guild it says to head into the courtyard but then the game doesn't let me close that dialogue box. The game isn't frozen as I can still move my cursor fine however I can't get out of the dialogue box to allow me to do anything else in the game.

Any way to fix this?

And some tips for some of the people who are having troubloe in the early game, I put all my skill points in magic and health, no damage seeing as how you essentially have unlimited spell points and your spells are way stronger than damage. Also try to really judge distances so know when to move back then move in so you don't take damage. And lastly at the start/mid game you may want to load up on wolves or cheap fast units to surround the enemy just to stall them while your hero or some other ranged damage units beat the enemy down with range or spells.

Personally I didn't open any chests until right before heading to Airath since their bonuses are multiples of your level the higher level you are when you open them the better the bonuses.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Registered Member

Default Ascention

Hey
i just played the game and i must admit that its the best game i played in quite some time (1-3 years). Does anyone know if they're gonna make expansion/next part of the game? That would be great