Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > NecroVisioN > Technical issues

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor23 View Post
When I considered playing this game, I read a couple of reviews, which said that the graphics were dated and didn’t look great. That didn’t deter me because I believe that game developers have the right to choose whatever graphics style they want. Video games are an art form. And if the designers choose an older style instead of cell-shading or hyper-realism, there’s nothing wrong with that. It would be like saying that Impressionism is dated because it’s Old School. Maybe it is, but that doesn’t invalidate Impressionism. NecroVisioN looks just right to me. I still like Undying and Painkiller. I like Impressionism, too.
[Frenetically presses the esc key] Forgive me I should never have said that in the first place.
Quote:
Is the SMLE rifle available later in this level?
Dunno.
Quote:
Or, is one of the other variations of the GEW98 (with Grenade or with Sight) available later in this level?
The grenade version is 100m away...maybe a bit more (no I'm not mistaking with the drum-fed smg), sniper version is quite further, but still in this level.
Quote:
I played further into Chapter 3 to see if the crash was associated only with the starting location. Nope. Zooming the GEW continues to crash the game.
Undersrood.
Quote:
I’m not really a programmer
Too bad.
Quote:
Downloaded and unzipped the XeNTaX Tool Pack.
Me I just had a 92kb executable+2 dlls.
Quote:
Its ReadMe told me I should install MultiEx Commander to be sure I’d have all the appropriate DLLs. So, I did that. Painfull still produced the same run-time error. MultiEx Commander itself wouldn’t launch. Said I was missing a file, MSINET.OCX, which is not true. However, it’s in one of my 64-bit Windows folders, which might explain why the software couldn’t find it (it’s not 64-bit software).
I didn't install multiex commander, and painfull works, and I'm running win7x64 (but it used to work under xp64 aswell).
Quote:
Additionally, within a minute of installing Commander, Norton AV reported two viruses on my machine: “Suspicious.MH69.A” and “Trojan Horse”.
Feel free to ignore this:the Best.AV.Ever is a brain, other AV are just bullets you shoot in your feet.
Quote:
Plus Commander was trying to set up an open Internet connection for some reason. I uninstalled all of the XeNTaX applications and deleted the files from my computer. I don’t trust those people.
Odd indeed, perhaps commander was checking if a newer version was available, but you don't need that soft anyway. Xentax is, from my personal experience, trustworthy but I wasn't aware he'd made a pack (then again, I didn't check recently).

Quote:
In both cases, the latest number in the file was 1470.
I'll investigate that. But for now, why am I not surprised to see lots of "FOV"s and "zoom" around line 1470 in CWeapon?
Quote:
Another option that I considered, had I been able to edit the PAK files… I assume that each level contains data that determines its startup weapons load-in. I might have been able to change the Chapter 3 opening rifle from the GEW to the SMLE and still have a rifle—it just wouldn’t be the game’s default rifle for Chapter 3. Semi-cheating; but at this point, I could enjoy the game and still sleep at night.
1-No ned to edit the pak files, just extract their content and edit it, no need to repack.
2-in \NecroVisioN\Data\levels\Level_03_The_Hill\Level_0 3_The_Hill.lua, put:
Code:
function o:OnApply(first)
	Game.CachedWeapons = {

-- "Colt1911_LH",					
						"SMLE",
						"Luger",
						"Luger_LH",
						"MG8015",
						"mp18",

"PlayerShowel",

"player_geballte",
						"PlayerDynamite",
						"PlayerLamp",
				    }

Game.PlayerEnabledWeapons = 
			{
                         "Colt1911", "Gew98", "PlayerGrenade", "QuickThrow", "Shotgun", "PlayerBayonet",
            }

Game.CachedVoiceovers = {
"L03_Voice6843",
"L03_Voice6860","L03_Voice6861","L03_Voice6862","L03_Voice6863","L03_Voice6864","L03_Voice6865","L03_Voice6866", "L03_Voice6867","L03_Voice6868","L03_Voice6869","L03_Voice6870","L03_Voice6871","L03_Voice6872",
"L03_Voice6814","L03_Voice6815","L03_Voice6816","L03_Voice6817","L03_Voice6818","L03_Voice6819","L03_Voice6820","L03_Voice6821","L03_Voice6822","L03_Voice6823","L03_Voice6824","L03_Voice6825","L03_Voice6826","L03_Voice6827","L03_Voice6828","L03_Voice6829","L03_Voice6830","L03_Voice6831","L03_Voice6832"
        }
end

function o:OnPlay(first)     
if first then
        Player.Ammo = 
        {
            Bayonet			= 1,
            Grenades		= 3,
            Mk1				= 0,
            Dynamite		= 0,
            Lamp			= 0,
            Colt			= 48,
            Luger			= 0,  -- theoretically not used at all (Luger has common ammo with Colt)
            SMLE			= 0,
            Gew98           = 30,
            Gew98Granades	= 0,
            SMLEGranades	= 0,            
            Shotgun			= 10,
            Mp18			= 0,
            MiniGun			= 0,
            Geballte		= 0,
			VampGun			= 0,
			VampGunRL		= 0,
			VampGunShotgun	= 0,
			VampGunFlamer	= 0,