Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 04-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

If you put a dead zone in the axes and rudder of about 5 and set sensetivity to 0 aiming will be better.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloblast View Post
If you put a dead zone in the axes and rudder of about 5 and set sensetivity to 0 aiming will be better.
On the joystick? Or the IR?
Old 04-06-2011, 05:53 AM
Approved Member

IS it jsut me or there's something wrong with the gunsights? They should be -how to say - zeroed to infiniy, so no matter what the position of my head is, the crosshair should point at the aiming point. However, I noticed that in CloD my tracers go off if my head is not properly aligned. The center of the crosshair is the less likely place my burst will go. Of course, I'm talking about firing while flying straight.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:47 AM
Approved Member

+1
Old 04-06-2011, 07:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflected View Post
IS it jsut me or there's something wrong with the gunsights? They should be -how to say - zeroed to infiniy, so no matter what the position of my head is, the crosshair should point at the aiming point. However, I noticed that in CloD my tracers go off if my head is not properly aligned. The center of the crosshair is the less likely place my burst will go. Of course, I'm talking about firing while flying straight.
Unfortunately so it seems...
Old 04-06-2011, 07:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
it's you. the gunsite is set to 400 yards, not to infinity, and can be adjusted. secondly there are reports of bugs with regards to the tracers in certain conditions.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Same problem here. I tested the crosshair on the ground in a 109. The MGs and the cannons shoot too low. That's why I always have to aim higher in order to hit something.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Approved Member

i can confirm the 109 to aim way too low for the gunsight.i recognized that after beeing on a rookies six.he just flew straight and i struggled to get a shot.without succes.until i became aware that my bullets all went below him,although i had him directly in crosshair.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up Like the real thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 609_Huetz View Post
P

The important thing for both sides (cannons on the 109 and wing-mgs on the British Fighters) is to hit them in your convergence range.

Once they are at the proper default range, I can light them up in no time with a 1-3 second burst usually.

H

Like in the real world go closer to your target and then even closer to hit it with any chance to destroy it.
In WWII many fighter pilots did never score even one kill.
This is in my opinion a very real simulation, they did put the realism level at very high, I say thanks. No more battle until no more ammo or no more targets.

Have nice flight.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Approved Member

Guys, i already announced this BUG at day 1 of CoD. The Developers know from it and i hope they also work on it.

The problem is caused by wrong flightmodels. Where the actual plane has a different position than the rendered plane (its both the same plane). That makes the bullets go to a total different direction when just slightly using rudder/alerion/elevators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
4. FM and ballistics. We have already addressed the issue where rounds appeared to leave aircraft sideways. This was caused by the difference between physical and rendered position of the aircraft, i.e. the rendered position lagged behind the actual aircraft position.
Our aircraft programmer has a huge bucket list of things to check, which he’s going over at a rather brisk pace.