Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Patches

Patches All patches for King's Bounty: The Legend are stored here.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
Well - i prefer physical media when feasible and around here (USA) atari was the only one selling the boxed version. There are other distributor with bad reputations (I guess it would be bad taste to mention them)
I agree that Atari is not such a bad distributor from the consumer point of view. I don't think it could have known the potential of King's Bounty, that's probably why the lack of advertising and presence (and it is true that it has utterly failed on this account) - it would hopefully know better next time. There are much more vile publishers than Atari though. I won't be so hesitant as you are and I will mention Electronic Arts as a publisher that it seems utterly hates its customers and seeks to alienate them at every opportunity with draconian DRM (DDRM) (that does nothing to stop piracy and ONLY affect the legitimate user) and banning on forums for complaining. I am currently boycotting EA no matter how good their games until they clean up their act and don't punish legitimate customers with DDRM.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
I agree that Atari is not such a bad distributor from the consumer point of view. I don't think it could have known the potential of King's Bounty, that's probably why the lack of advertising and presence (and it is true that it has utterly failed on this account) - it would hopefully know better next time. There are much more vile publishers than Atari though. I won't be so hesitant as you are and I will mention Electronic Arts as a publisher that it seems utterly hates its customers and seeks to alienate them at every opportunity with draconian DRM (DDRM) (that does nothing to stop piracy and ONLY affect the legitimate user) and banning on forums for complaining. I am currently boycotting EA no matter how good their games until they clean up their act and don't punish legitimate customers with DDRM.
Yea. EA has done an excellent job of destroying pc gaming - many of their games make little attempt to provide a pc gaming experience. Pity because they own many of the better known titles (via buying up companies that produce gems in earlier years).

I guess some of it is economic and some is perception. I like stardock approach - they attempt to develop games they think won't be pirated. There are a lot of small developers - mostly in europe that I think have done a very good job but dont' receive the benefits of their labor but survive then there are developers (like iron lore) which have some decent talent but can't pay the bills. Two examples that come to mind are titan quest (iron lore) and Wizardry 8 (Sir tech). Both games (esp Wizardry seemed to be well received but somehow the money just didn't materialize.

Oh well I wish I could see the numbers behind a typical game - cost to develop; sales; distribution cut/middle man cut; ....
Old 12-03-2008, 06:19 AM
Approved Member

Guys, please don't go offtop, this thread is about patch, but not about security systems of other companies.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Registered Member

I bought the download version from the official euro site (METABOLI), will a patch for that version be made available?
Old 12-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deab View Post
I bought the download version from the official euro site (METABOLI), will a patch for that version be made available?
Patch for your version will be available soon.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Approved Member

Is it just me, or everything included in patch 1.7 changelist is already part of Atari 1.65 patch?
Old 12-04-2008, 06:12 AM
Approved Member

I think that 1.6.5 (Atari version) is the same that 1.7 (Nobilis version)
Old 12-04-2008, 07:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by player1 View Post
Is it just me, or everything included in patch 1.7 changelist is already part of Atari 1.65 patch?
You are right, this patch is almost the same as 1.6.5 for Atari verison.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
You are right, this patch is almost the same as 1.6.5 for Atari verison.
"almost" - this means "yes and no" - just curious... what apart of having "1.7" in main screen different from 1.6.5 (I myself can only figure out that maybe AI is even more improved, but all other patch details looks exactly the same)

BTW guys : do remove all MODS when you are installing any PATCH (I forgot this and my game was screwed... luckily KB is one of the best designed games ever - all saves are working in any patch - at least for me as I migrate from all versions to all vesions, is the best game in MODding - even if "editor" is missing, I never experienced such great success in free modding + patch version compatibility and the easiness of installing / uninstalling MODs ---- I even was able to install 1.6.5 with MODs intact... that's why I understaminated the 1.7 patch install procedure... )

Last edited by Gatts; 12-04-2008 at 07:18 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatts View Post
"almost" - this means "yes and no" - just curious... what apart of having "1.7" in main screen different from 1.6.5 (I myself can only figure out that maybe AI is even more improved, but all other patch details looks exactly the same)
It means some very small improvements which are listed as "other small improvements".
Anyway this patch is only for one version, which hasn't 1.6.5 patch