Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Patches

Patches All patches for King's Bounty: The Legend are stored here.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

Default When will patch 1.7 be available on steam

I've just bought this on steam, and it has installed version 1.6.4. Will version 1.7 be released on steam or should I attempt to apply one of the existing patches?
Old 05-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBBOT View Post
I've just bought this on steam, and it has installed version 1.6.4. Will version 1.7 be released on steam or should I attempt to apply one of the existing patches?
You can download patch for gamersgate version. Here is the link: ftp://ftp.1cpublishing.eu/Patches/Ki...tch_gg_1.7.rar
Old 05-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

I just tried that, and I now get the following when I try and start the game:

No disc inserted.
Please insert the original "Kings Bounty" CD/DVD.
Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=nodisc for further, more detailed information.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Approved Member

Or, you don`t use steam because it is a terrible abomination that killed my best friend and feeds on the life force of children.

Okay, I'm exaggerating a little, but Steam IS a terrible thing.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Registered Member

Same problem here...

Just bought Steam-version - patch 1.6.4, been playing for 14 hours the last 3 days, and had some minor issues (a couple of crashes, weird glitches).

Discovered that there was not only one, but TWO patches available (1.6.5, and 1.7).

Of course, no Steam... So I downloaded the regular version, and tried to patch. The patch said "a newer version is already installed", but I patched anyways.

Then of course, same issue - CD-check. So, I had to download a no-cd-crack for the game that I bought on Steam to be able to play the patched version.

Now it works, patched. And, one reason I know it's patched: Necromancy skill doesn't work pre-patch. I thought it was working automatically all the time, until I read patchnotes for 1.6.5. After patching, I get a necromancy ressurection-note after each combat.

Who is responsible for this? You or steam? How hard can it be, really?

AFAIK, Steam has a very good autopatching-system, and I've never had any problem for my other games, except one - Two Worlds, but luckily that worked with just patching it manually - no crack needed.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:03 AM
Approved Member

Guys will try to figure it out ASAP. Right now do not download any patch.

Last edited by Nike-it; 05-05-2009 at 06:14 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:38 AM
Registered Member

the last post was two months ago and this game is still unplayable via steam. How much longer until we can actually use what we have purchased?