Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:34 AM
Registered Member

Default What am I doing wrong?

Just got the game steam updated to version 1.05.15950, downloaded de beta patch 1.08.18956 and followed these instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel__s View Post
For those who are still asking how to install the patch correctly, I will quote what B6 said on other thread:

If you do the integrity check, you will go back to the last official version (before all the recent betas).

If you uninstall everything, download and reinstall, it will also get you to the latest official version.

So, they do the same thing, but the integrity check takes less time. I prefer the integrity check

My checklist:

1) Verify integrity of local files (to get back to last official version)

2) Go to your documents\1c softclub\IL-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover folder and
go into the cache folder. Delete everything in there
(the game will rebuild it based on the new version next time you run the sim).

3) Extract the beta patch in the game folder
(c:\whatever_you_named_it\steam\steamapps\common\I L-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover) and let it overwrite anything it wants to overwrite

4) Run the sim one to force it to rebuild the cache.

5) Start a free flight quick mission to force it to add anything else it
might need in the cache.

6) Exit the sim.

7) Restart the sim.

Now you can test your frame rates with a clean install of the latest beta,
as well as a correct cache folder for your version. If you skip
steps 5,6,7 you might see that initially you get worse performance,
because the game might still be adding files to the cache. However,
the next time you start it, it will be better and you will get the true
performance.
After doing all of that the version number on the bottom right (red letters) keep showing version 1.05.15950, I wonder if I'm doing something wrong...a little help here please, thanks.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:14 AM
Registered Member

had the same proplem till I used 7-Zip to extract the beta .

7-zip is a free download, do an internet search for it if you do not have it.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:02 PM
71st_Mastiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ietk View Post
Just got the game steam updated to version 1.05.15950, downloaded de beta patch 1.08.18956 and followed these instructions

After doing all of that the version number on the bottom right (red letters) keep showing version 1.05.15950, I wonder if I'm doing something wrong...a little help here please, thanks.
well for starters are you on steam? if so you may be replacing the beta files with the official latest release when you do an integrity check.
turn off cloud update and and steam update for cliffs.
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc
Old 09-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Approved Member

The last but one Beta patch slowed my game right down so I was hoping for better from this one but no, my Fraps took a definite nosedive.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Approved Member

Did you follow the instructions in the first post? It might help if you didn't.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Approved Member

I did JG52Uther to the letter. I'm not too bothered though. The game runs well enough on my old setup and I'm enjoying it but thanks for the suggestion anyway.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:12 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF_Mastiff View Post
well for starters are you on steam? if so you may be replacing the beta files with the official latest release when you do an integrity check.
turn off cloud update and and steam update for cliffs.
I'm running the steam version of the game, frustation is all way up there now, I did turn off cloud and auto update for the game, did integrity check, cleared cache folder, extracted the patch allowed overwrite, ran the sim and flew a quick mission, exited the game and restarted only to find out I am still running version 1.05.15950, I see the version at the beggining of the game, can anyone tell me how to properly install this patch? because it is not working for me, any help will be really appreciated, thanks.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Registered Member

Default Version number

I dont know if this is the origin of your problem, but if you are under Windows 7, you may have a problem of write protection of program files when you extract the patch, depending on the tool.
To avoid that kind of trouble, I extract the patch in a temporary directory (in my case on D: disk, reserved to data) and I just use the copy facility of Windows 7 to copy the files from the temporary directory to the Steam game folder, allowing to overwrite files if necessary. I do the copy in an administrator user account.
I prefer that kind of approach because you are sure of the way copy function handle write protection, which is not always true with other tools.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Registered Member

Well, well, well I found the problem and it was me! I was extracting the patch on the documents folder and not on the steam, no words......, but I already had 5 CTD running 1.08 while I never had one on 1.05, doing a clean installation and patch to see if it solves the problem.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:42 PM
Registered Member

Default Beta patch v.1.08.18956

Where and how did you download the folder, Please advise, thankyou.