Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Approved Member

I just tried the trial and I can't say that I am pleased.

The game really looks like an expanded Haulin, but I can't say how much. Something is seriously flawed with the game engine, as I only got about 2-3 frames on the my brand new machine. It has Vista yes, which is like a Virus itself, but I can also run Crysis which is quite heavy. Haulin is fine too.

I will have to wait for a few patches before trying again. Anyone else with serious performance problems?
Old 12-05-2007, 11:08 PM
Approved Member

No, mine ran perfect for the 60 minutes. Thats why I'm sticking to good old Windows XP pro.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubaku View Post
No, mine ran perfect for the 60 minutes. Thats why I'm sticking to good old Windows XP pro.
I am staying on Windows XP for as long as possible. Besides, a new version of Windows is coming in 2010. It just shows that Vista was taking too long to make and they released it unfinished. Windows 7 might be what Microsoft was shooting for.

http://www.windowsvienna.com/
http://www.windows7.cc/
Old 12-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Approved Member

I have vista and it runs better then the Xp i had. It runs everything also i like how vista is like a virus because not much viruses got after viruses otherwords accouple of my friends turned off firewalls, antivirus software and it never got a virus in 5 months.

that was shocking to me anyway
bigbubba
Old 12-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Approved Member

The problem is that I love old games and small utilities that only run on Windows XP so far.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:56 AM
Approved Member

Xp is still the best and it does beat vista IMO.If you look here:

Figure 1 - OfficeBench Completion Times
(In Seconds - Lower is Better)

Link:
http://www.techpowerup.com/?45378

Sorry for being of topic...

But yeah the game ALH is pretty much like a patch for haulin.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubaku View Post
Since the members of this forum all play SCS games I think this is a legitimate topic, and also since Rig'n'Roll has not come out yet, and there is nothing to say about it anymore, we can talk about a game that has already been released.

As puca has already posted this game was just released.

http://www.americanlonghaul.com/

What I think from trying the demo:

Pros: Much better lighting. Daytime is finally like daytime is supposed to be, and you dont need to use freaking headlights in the middle of a sunny afternoon anymore.

Much better graphics, especially the water and buildings, roads, etc. The trucks themselves too.

Excellent fully 3d interior.

Beautiful skies, clouds, changes in weather look realistic.

More famous landmarks in some cities.

The truck feels like its a heavy truck you are driving and not a sports car. Meaning realistic truck physics.

Driving between cities takes longer, and roads are more accurate.

Cons: Same annoying invisible walls that dont let you get anywhere near the landmarks. Way too many of them.

Some cities have very generic skylines, and hardly any landmarks at all. You would expect better by now.

Cops are more picky about red lights, speeding and etc, and fine you way too much.

Many other pros and cons that I did not list here. I just said what struck me during the 60 mins I tried the demo.

In short its the same thing as all the other 18 wheels of steel games, but a little better. I hope Rig'n'Roll can do better.

The graphics/phsyics/ are exactly the same as in Haulin , they didnt tweak anything in the game engine , they just added mexico and couple new roads & two stupid looking truck models and tried to sell it to people for $20 .
I completely agree SCS should retire from making arcade truck games .
Old 12-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Approved Member

That is a shame that they added only that. To think that I was actually about to buy Haulin and then found out about Rig'n'Roll in the nick of time is satisfying. I just hope that Rig'n'Roll lives up to everybody's expectations.