Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:03 AM
Approved Member

Default What do you think of American Long Haul from the demo?

Since the members of this forum all play SCS games I think this is a legitimate topic, and also since Rig'n'Roll has not come out yet, and there is nothing to say about it anymore, we can talk about a game that has already been released.

As puca has already posted this game was just released.

http://www.americanlonghaul.com/

What I think from trying the demo:

Pros: Much better lighting. Daytime is finally like daytime is supposed to be, and you dont need to use freaking headlights in the middle of a sunny afternoon anymore.

Much better graphics, especially the water and buildings, roads, etc. The trucks themselves too.

Excellent fully 3d interior.

Beautiful skies, clouds, changes in weather look realistic.

More famous landmarks in some cities.

The truck feels like its a heavy truck you are driving and not a sports car. Meaning realistic truck physics.

Driving between cities takes longer, and roads are more accurate.

Cons: Same annoying invisible walls that dont let you get anywhere near the landmarks. Way too many of them.

Some cities have very generic skylines, and hardly any landmarks at all. You would expect better by now.

Cops are more picky about red lights, speeding and etc, and fine you way too much.

Many other pros and cons that I did not list here. I just said what struck me during the 60 mins I tried the demo.

In short its the same thing as all the other 18 wheels of steel games, but a little better. I hope Rig'n'Roll can do better.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:46 AM
Approved Member

I'm not buying that crap, the developers need to be the ones paying us to play this garbage.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:01 AM
Approved Member

yeah i will wait until i can dowloaded free
Old 12-02-2007, 08:12 AM
Approved Member

its exactly the same as all the other 18 WOS!!!!!!!!! all they do is patch it a little bit and release it as a new game!!!!! its a load of SH*T!!!!!!!!!

SCS have had YEARS to develop this game!!!!!!!! seeing as RnR is a totally brand new game unlike 18wos A-L, SCS/valusoft are a bunch of money grabbers!

No soul no heart and no realism.

and the sounds are rubbish!
Old 12-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Approved Member

Its just a patch with mexico and 2 new trucks. Except you have to pay for it
Old 12-02-2007, 03:41 PM
bakingcookies

Ubaku, you must be high on crack.

1. The graphics are not better. All they did was make new textures. Infact, the graphics are worse than haulin. I'm not sure what type of video card you have, but the game looked like shit on my computer. I got a ati x1650 512 mb.

2. The skys are only new textures, the box model is the same.

3. The trucks have some new paints, and really stupid looking half fenders added on to some of them. Nothing was done to the models, although they might have turned the gloss down.

4. the water is only a new texture.

5. the same interiors as haulin

6. The weather is the same, you might think it's different. check the files, it's all the same.

7. They don't have more realistic handling, infact they made it 2X worse. Check the pacejka formula.

It must have been a while since you played haulin. nobody gets they're just making this game to get more money out of people.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Approved Member

Personally, I think SCS needs to stop putting out these "18 wheels of shit" games and focus on getting Rig 'n' Roll out. That's what would put some money in their wallets.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

[quote="Ron Falco"]Personally, I think SCS needs to stop putting out these "18 wheels of shit" games and focus on getting Rig 'n' Roll out. That's what would put some money in their wallets.[/quote
Uh SCS isn't making Rig'n'roll
Old 12-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakingcookies
Ubaku, you must be high on crack.

1. The graphics are not better. All they did was make new textures. Infact, the graphics are worse than haulin. I'm not sure what type of video card you have, but the game looked like shit on my computer. I got a ati x1650 512 mb.

2. The skys are only new textures, the box model is the same.

3. The trucks have some new paints, and really stupid looking half fenders added on to some of them. Nothing was done to the models, although they might have turned the gloss down.

4. the water is only a new texture.

5. the same interiors as haulin

6. The weather is the same, you might think it's different. check the files, it's all the same.

7. They don't have more realistic handling, infact they made it 2X worse. Check the pacejka formula.

It must have been a while since you played haulin. nobody gets they're just making this game to get more money out of people.
Its not Ubaku that makes the game its Sabre
Old 12-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Falco
Personally, I think SCS needs to stop putting out these "18 wheels of shit" games and focus on getting Rig 'n' Roll out. That's what would put some money in their wallets.

rig n roll and SCS are two different ventures, 2 diff companies.... durr