Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis

Cryostasis First-person shooter meets survival horror set on a frozen Soviet ice-breaker trapped in the ice on the North Pole.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Registered Member

Check out the site -- they are releasing a patch for the EU version together with the US release which will enable extra PhysX effects.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:22 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

"Action Forms and 1C Company announced today that a special patch with additional support for NVIDIA PhysX technology is currently in development for the recently released first-person shooter, Cryostasis. This patch will ensure that all levels of the game feature the same degree of physics that are available in the technical demo created for NVIDIA and featured on the nZone Web site

** Cryostasis has been launched in Europe this week, with PhysX implemented throughout the game. However, 1C has decided to add higher levels of PhysX to coincide with the US release by Aspyr in April. Available free of charge, this patch will add extra PhysX effects to the game that are accelerated in hardware when played on machines with compatible NVIDIA GeForce GPUs.

** The patch will be made widely available on 1C and NVIDIA Web sites."

GREAT news
Old 04-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggernautOfWar View Post
"Action Forms and 1C Company announced today that a special patch with additional support for NVIDIA PhysX technology is currently in development for the recently released first-person shooter, Cryostasis. This patch will ensure that all levels of the game feature the same degree of physics that are available in the technical demo created for NVIDIA and featured on the nZone Web site

** Cryostasis has been launched in Europe this week, with PhysX implemented throughout the game. However, 1C has decided to add higher levels of PhysX to coincide with the US release by Aspyr in April. Available free of charge, this patch will add extra PhysX effects to the game that are accelerated in hardware when played on machines with compatible NVIDIA GeForce GPUs.

** The patch will be made widely available on 1C and NVIDIA Web sites."

GREAT news
Yepp, great news since i´m about to install my old 8800gts as a dedicated physx card. We are waiting:

Old 04-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Approved Member

Aww... you've got a PCIE 2.0 version. Not-so-old after all. I've got an 8800 GTS 640MB version. That's it.

I'm upgrading to a quad-core next month (PhenomII X4 920). I hope that will provide a performance increase with my new 6GB of very nice timed RAM.

Then I just have to get a better GPU. I've got a GTX 285 in mind. Take me a while to get the GPU though, tight on cash.

What do you guys think?
Old 04-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Registered Member

Off topic, but how do you use a different card for PhysX only? I still have my 8800GTX lying around... How do I make it run with the GTX295 for PhysX only? Hmm... then again given the electricity bill I'm not sure I wanna do it regardless :-]
Old 04-16-2009, 11:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggernautOfWar View Post
Aww... you've got a PCIE 2.0 version. Not-so-old after all. I've got an 8800 GTS 640MB version. That's it.

I'm upgrading to a quad-core next month (PhenomII X4 920). I hope that will provide a performance increase with my new 6GB of very nice timed RAM.

Then I just have to get a better GPU. I've got a GTX 285 in mind. Take me a while to get the GPU though, tight on cash.

What do you guys think?
I´ve got a gtx 285 but if you´re on a tight budget i would suggest either the gtx 275 or an overclocked gtx 260. The small performance differance if not really worth the extra cash imo.

One more thing, if you´re opting for a nvidia card i would suggest one with a more quiet cooler since the reference one is really loud at 100% fan speed.

I think the Ati cards still have a better price/performance ratio though.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:54 PM
Approved Member

Yes the fans on all AMD coolers are very loud. My dual-core AMD is louder than my friend's quad-core Q6600. Although I have Cool-'n-Quiet off, so that contributes.

I don't really care about sound imo because I'm getting an aftermarket cheap cooler/fan anyway. Also my case is very well insulated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breach View Post
Off topic, but how do you use a different card for PhysX only? I still have my 8800GTX lying around... How do I make it run with the GTX295 for PhysX only? Hmm... then again given the electricity bill I'm not sure I wanna do it regardless :-]
http://www.slizone.com/object/sli_cuda_learn.html

It's still now officially out in the US. The official publishing site still says "Coming Soon" and there is no PhysX patch yet.

Last edited by JuggernautOfWar; 04-17-2009 at 08:56 AM.