Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Approved Member

Default ...just how far have we come?

I just installed the super big pack on top of my 1946 4.07 to bring me up to date with the latest 4.11.1.......
........... and it still tells me to have the DVD in my drive!!!!!

The first useful hack/patch/mod/crack to ever come out...way before any mods...was the no CD/DVD patch.

Don't tell me you guys are all still sitting there with a 1946 DVD in your drive....and faithfully buying a new one every year when it wears out!!???

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 10-08-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Approved Member

I dond like piracy. I bougth the game on a store here in Portugal. It cost me 50 euros. Team daidalos can not do such thing, it would be favorable to piracy, illegal, you know what i mean...
Of course i have the game preciously stored and safe, and i use the thing you mentioned.

Ps: i am not trying to say you did piracy, only saying those rules must be kept.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabianfred View Post
I just installed the super big pack on top of my 1946 4.07 to bring me up to date with the latest 4.11.1.......
........... and it still tells me to have the DVD in my drive!!!!!

The first useful hack/patch/mod/crack to ever come out...way before any mods...was the no CD/DVD patch.

Don't tell me you guys are all still sitting there with a 1946 DVD in your drive....and faithfully buying a new one every year when it wears out!!???

DVD's don't wear out in a year... I've got games from ages ago that still work just fine in my drive. For IL-2 there are... options...

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 10-08-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:53 AM
Approved Member

That's news to me; I have the 1946 DVD and installed the game off of it, but I never had to have it in my drive to play it, and I never installed any hacks or cracks.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:09 AM
Approved Member

Me neither.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:38 AM
Approved Member

I never required a DVD either.

If your DVDs are lasting a year, you need to learn how to take better care of them, I think. They don't make good coasters, and you shouldn't try to dry them off in a microwave.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:06 AM
zipper

lol at people thinking OP is referring to DVDs wearing out in a year. (definitely NOT what he meant.) I had to use a crack for a while, too, but I bought a 1946 DVD a couple of years ago to do a fresh install because I couldn't find the FB disc (I did as soon as I finished re-installing the game) and I haven't ever needed the disc present with this install.

I hate having to leave discs in drives, and not because it wears out the discs - lol.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:30 AM
zipper

funny guys
Old 10-04-2012, 03:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipper View Post
lol at people thinking OP is referring to DVDs wearing out in a year. (definitely NOT what he meant.) I had to use a crack for a while, too, but I bought a 1946 DVD a couple of years ago to do a fresh install because I couldn't find the FB disc (I did as soon as I finished re-installing the game) and I haven't ever needed the disc present with this install.

I hate having to leave discs in drives, and not because it wears out the discs - lol.

What did he mean then? Sure sounded like that's exactly what he meant although I'm assuming some over dramatization was involved.

I hate to live the disc in the drive too. It's inconvenient.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:05 AM
Approved Member

Actually.... when it first came out....in Europe...it had this protection in where you had to have the DVD in to start.
The later version on sale in the USA didn't need it.
I was just complaining that after all those patches from 4.07 up to 4.11 and they still hadn't incorporated the no DVD crack by substituting the il2.exe