Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwenil View Post
As for trolling, to me, trolling is posting something for the express reason of getting a hostile response.
This is exactly what you did.

Your apology is hopefully accepted by the other 2 members, and we can all move forward. You have your right to your opinions about the game as long a it is posted properly, and not continually repeated (the other definition of a troll, and there are a few of them). You have said your piece. It's over. I think I have been very tolerant on this matter. I will allow responses to your post in general, but if anyone sways back to the insults, or hostilities, I will take the appropriate action toward the offender.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 06-28-2010 at 04:19 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:34 AM
centy2010

Here is my opinions :

The game is not working correctly. Sure I can play and have some fun but I still see some areas where the game is not working correctly.

Is it due to computer specs.... ?

This will be the main answer of some users with a high-end computers where the discrepancies of the game are just smoothed by their system.

But in fact, I meet the requirements (minimum for sure but almost the recommended one.).

I stopped playing the game and I just come sometimes to check for patch availability. Maybe available within 5 years (the time I waited for the game)

This is the second game in my gamer life where I have to face loss of money cause I have no fun waiting nor playing that game.

Anyway... I won't complain anymore... It doesn't help me to hide my frustration of being the fool buyer of this game.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 07-01-2010 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Questioning Moderators Action/Decision. Comments Deleted.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:08 AM
Approved Member

My most common reply is "What are your Computer Specs?" Followed by, "What version do you have?" It's my standard question to better help the individual. This is because, many people just say "The game doesn't work" without giving this info. This game is not optimized properly to really meet the "Minimal Requirements", and playing with those requirements severely hampers the playability of the game to a satisfactory level. Simple bugs & glitches become huge ones for the gamer. My aim is to inform, not insult. I have posted this many, many times, and yet the same question keeps popping up in the same manner, so I have to answer it the same way. I purposely got a new computer to play this game meeting the "Recommended Requirements", and beyond. My old computer meets the "Min Req." It too causes me the same aggravation as those reported by our members. So, I give advice through experience. To you, and maybe others this may sound like a broken record. I ask for this information to give a better informed answer. Sorry if you find it boring, and repetitive, but it has helped many of those concerned whether they liked the information, or not. At least they now know why it doesn't work properly. Would you rather me leave them in the dark, and not answer them? My job is to aid, inform, advise, and suggest, along with keeping the forum organized, and running properly.

Prior to purchasing this game I had many questions, suggestions, and general conversations with those that have the Russian version, in anticipation of the release of the English version. This is why my postings are so high. When I finally got the game, I started helping people out getting things to work, and telling them why it doesn't work. Creating the "SPOILER ALERT!" thread was the most enjoyable thing I did here. Then on June 10, 2010, Sneaksie & Nike-it asked me to moderate this forum. I gladly accepted this expecting nothing in return, and I think I'm doing a good job. I don't get paid for it. I do get great satisfaction by helping those that are in need of it.

I thought this would be a good time to inform you, and others why I ask the questions I do, and how I go about helping people. Maybe now you have a better understanding of me.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 07-05-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:44 AM
centy2010

Yep sure I have better understanding.
And I hope you've a better understanding of my feelings as well.

Since I bought the game with a config meeting the requirements, It's normal that I expect the game to work on my config.

Now, I've the confirmation that 1C issued a Game with wrong specs and the one to be blamed is 1C.

Thanks USA Trucker ^^
Old 07-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Approved Member

This is just my opinion on "Minimal Requirements" Vs. "Recommended Requirements".

As with all things such terms are interpreted differently by each consumer. After a few costly lessons learned. I no longer look at the "Minimal Req." of any game. Mainly because, I have been disappointed in gaming performance in the past. For the most part they fall short of being accurate. This is not just 1C, but a slew of game publishers out there have this fault. When I look at a game today, I read the "Recommended Req." This has saved me money, and headaches.

I personally think they should do away with the "Minimal Req." It doesn't accurately depict game performance. To me it's like an advertisement that would read like this:

To Drive This Car.

Minimal Requirements:
Cash, check, credit card.
Have steady income. (for approved credit)
Must be at least 16 years old. (countries & states may vary)

Recommended Requirements:
All the above PLUS....
Must have valid drivers license.
Must have usable arms & legs.
Must have eyesight & hearing.

As you can see from this example, you can drive this car, but probably not very far using the "Min. Req." To get the full enjoyment of this car you would have to have the "Rec. Req." It sounds stupid, but that's the way game publishing companies seem to adopt these requirements. Yeah, you can play it, but how enjoyable would it be?

I understand everyones feelings of frustration toward this game not running adequately on the "Minimal Requirements". I'm here to help you understand why this game does not run the way you expect it to. Don't shoot the messenger just because his message is not what you wanted to hear. I'm a gamer just like all of you. I don't work for 1C. I'm just their Forum Moderator.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 07-01-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:18 PM
centy2010

I understand you very well USA and I like to debate with you cause it can give both of us rich ideas.

Here is my vision of the minimum requirements based on the car example :
You have 2 cars coming to an hill.
At the start of the hill :
Minimum requirements : Motor 95 CV
Recommend requirements : Motor 125 CV
One of the car is just above the minimum but still the car will climb the hill

This is my vision.

Here another example :
The game PES 2010
Minimum requirements :
Intel Pentium 4 2.6 Ghz
Ram : 1,5Gb
Hard Disk Space : 9Gb
Video : Geforce 6800 GT 256 Mb

So the minimum here is higher than the minimum for RigNRoll.
But still I can play PES2010 with high setup graphics in game.
==> Do you see the difference and why I'm blaming 1C ?

I've a also an experience as gamer and I'm telling you that I can understand less performance cause of my specs but BUGS, CRASHS & 3D areas not redrawed on time....is not understandable.

it's just not good designed, developped...

Sorry USA but on this you won't get me
Old 07-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Approved Member

I'm not going to dissect, analyze, and get into a debate about this. Your point is a little off the mark of what I was trying to say, and I'll let others decide if they're comfortable with it, or not. I'm not looking to "get you". So, I don't know what that means. I used a simple example with a little humor, in the hopes people understand things a little clearer. Without picking it apart. I wrote a opinion. This does not mean everyone has to agree with it, and I accept that.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 07-02-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:47 AM
Approved Member

Minimum system requirements back in the days meant the oldest computer you could actually run the game on. It didn't mean it will be smooth or flawlessly playable. Its only a new apporach to set the minimum requirements where the game will actually be playable on medium-high graphics settings. Propably because gaming is more mainstream nowadays, and casual gamers won't understand why won't the game run smoothly, as we can see here.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Approved Member

Don't compare rig'n roll with a football game, when you're driving the models keep on changing and loading (thousands of different models) in PES once the game is loaded you have all the models already loaded and can play without problems...

Dont underestimatie RNR it is a quite heavy game because of the ever changing scenery without any loading screens !

As I already said, I m playing the game with a Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz and 1 Gb RAM - Nvidia Gforce 8600 GT 512 mb and I can run this game on medium -low...
Old 07-03-2010, 11:56 PM
centy2010

First, I don't compare RigNRoll with PES.

I compare the minimum requirements of 2 games and see what the difference between the 2.
I don't mind that RigNRoll is Heavy or what so ever.

My PC meet the minimum on both games but
PES is playable
RigNRoll is unplayable (bugs & crashes)

When I hear all your arguments about it, We should consider informing the world of the new aspect of purchasing a game :

"If your PC only meet minimum requirements, don't expect the game to be supported nor the game to be working on your PC." These requirements are just displayed to fool customers and get more money from them.