Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:31 AM
Approved Member

the one thing i did like was the tracers...was reminiscent of some of the gun camera footage.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashLanding View Post
Pope follows what I was saying. The damage textures typically the same regardless of where it hits.
Nope.
There are bullet holes appearing eactly where a bullet have hit the plane.
However, there is level-of-destruction for planes as well (3 of them for each big part of the plane), which are pre-defined indeed.
So, you saw the hits where they should be, but if plane's wing was hit with a certain amount of destruction (wing was tored off, for example) - it will be tored off same way. But before that wou will likely to see unique sub-level of destructions (holes), especially if you were damaged with lesser bullets (not direct hit of 30mm cannon).

Last edited by Anton Yudintsev; 01-09-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
Nope.
However, there is level-of-destruction for planes as well (3 of them for each big part of the plane), which are pre-defined indeed.
So, you saw the hits where they should be, but if plane's wing was hit with a certain amount of destruction (wing was tored off, for example) - it will be tored off same way. But before that wou will likely to see unique sub-level of destructions (holes), especially if you were damaged with lesser bullets (not direct hit of 30mm cannon).
Anton, I think you have described what crashlanding ment as he was talking about an aircraft part like a wing, not the whole plane.

Strange you say that about the wing tearing though, because I would swear ive seen wings get torn of in different places. Sometimes the whole wing is shot off other times in say a colision just the tip, maybe i'm getting confused with Il-2 1946 and Flight adventure 2?

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 01-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
Nope.
Thanks for the reply.

I could be mistaken, but it appears to me when I'm being shot at, though not always taking damage, my wings instantly look like the same shot-up swiss cheese every time. Of course bigger holes develop with more shooting (and contact) but before then it looked to me to just be a specific texture for the aircraft.

Of course I'll concede to the actual developer. My perception is apparently wrong.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
Strange you say that about the wing tearing though, because I would swear ive seen wings get torn of in different places.
There are different places, but limited count of these places.