Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Approved Member

Default Funny mistakes

Do any of you have any funny mistakes to share?

I got a good laugh out of this one: I have been using the necromancers talent to raise fallen enemy troops a lot. I wasn't paying attention and used the talent on a fallen Priest unit, only to raise it again as an enemy Priest that I had to kill all over again. I got a little surprized until it dawned on me that the Priest unit has the True Believer skill

A word to the wise: Don't do that
Old 01-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Approved Member

Every time I'm fighting against druid armies, I seem to be incapable of remembering not to use Call of Nature, and the druids invariably mind control my summoned animals.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

So I hate fighting Black Dragons. They're fast, healthy, high-initiative, do a lot of damage, and are immune to all my best methods for dealing with units like that. I've found basically three effective strategies for dealing with them - one is to use battle cry plus mass-dragon slayer and just cut them to pieces. It's painfully bloody and means I'll have to be careful to resurrect everyone once the battle is over, but it works. The second is to hide all my vulnerable units in the farthest corner and go plant a red or black dragon right next to their black dragons; with any luck the rest of my units will be out of range and their dragons will spend all their time attacking a unit nearly immune to fire damage. But that requires I have red or black dragons in my army, which I often don't, and that their dragons be on one side or the other. The third is to use traps. A well-placed trap will do 5000+ damage to them, poison them, and cost them their turn. When this works well, a high-intellect mage can kill 18-20 black dragons without them ever even getting a hit in. On the other hand, sometimes it doesn't work well at all. Two cases really spring to mind.

In one such case, I dropped my traps as I thought best, then proceeded to summon angelic guard with my royal griffins. The angelic guard appeared where I hadn't expected, and in fact on top of the trap I'd just dropped. Half the guard died right there, then the black dragon flew in and killed the rest plus damaging through them to the unit I'd been trying to protect all along. But that was at least a forgiveable mistake I suppose, because it was unlikely the angelic guard would happen to appear there.

The second case was a little worse. I was fighting the dragon cave in Monteron, which has about 33 each of reds, blacks, and emeralds. Feeling very cunning, I stuck two of my units in a line then put a trap at the far end. For some strange reason, the black dragons didn't try to attack that line, but instead flew right past to attack someone else. Then the red dragons, who couldn't reach my units this turn, used their ranged breath attack to hit the units I'd put in a line. Then the emerald dragons flew up, landed on the far side of my trap, and clawed one of my own units onto it.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Approved Member

I kept thinking the Driller boss was in the SW corner of the map, when actually he's in the NE corner. I kept thinking that was the upstairs back to Montero when in fact it was the Driller's bridge. I was in no shape to take him on at all, and you can't run away.

Oh, there's the upstairs. Oh shoot! Reload...
Old 01-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Registered Member

For some reason, I insist on casting avenging angel on the phantom griffins the royal griffins summon, only to have it immediately disappear!
Old 01-22-2010, 04:53 PM
Approved Member

How about casting Berserk on the Paladins and then later realizing you have to wait 5 turns before you can Resurrect.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

I'm really good about keeping my necromancers healed too
Old 01-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Approved Member

So I had a meatshield stack of summoned zombies parked in front of a stack of pirates and seadogs. I decided it was a fair trade to risk killing my zombie stack if I can do some serious damage to both pirate stacks, so I have my catapults rain fiery hell upon them. Luck decided to flip me the bird and then pull my pants off in public, so BOTH pirate stacks evaded the attack. Not only that, but the remnants of my zombie stack was utterly destroyed by the attack.

The miserable thing was, as I was cursing at the screen and shaking my fist in rage, those goblin bastards were cackling to themselves, rubbing their hands together as that familiar green aura envelops them. Right click on them..."Anticipates Trophies"...for what?! Missing both your targets and obliterating my zombies?! Goblin stew was delicious that evening.

Another little mistake began on my part, but quickly switched over to my favor. For some stupid reason, I decided to wait my archdemons when there were ogres in the enemy army. -_- So the ogres sap my archdemons action points and I'm all like "Oh shiz--". He loads up his ogre rage, stomping all around and then charges headlong across the field into my army, going straight for my...demonesses...who promptly evade the charging ogre's blow by simply moving slightly to the side. I lol'd whole-heartedly at the pathetic move as my troops swarmed over those cocky ogres and proceeded to beat the stolen action points right out of them before their buddies can even get a chance to help out. Bastard.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:37 AM
Approved Member

Pirates and Sea Dogs are the most annoying units in the game, they evade waaay too often, just when you are about to deliver a perfect kill combo they fu*k everything up.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:48 AM
Approved Member

This is probably an indication of me having played for too long that day... In any case when the battle was under control I start to dig up chests and let my Ogres pick them up as normal. Suddenly I got surpriced when I lost 5 Ogres picking up a chest. I had managed to dig up a Mine instead of a chest - the hex was covered with a body so the colored area was barely visible and I wasn't paying attension. It was a valid spot for the dig action and I played on auto-pilot...