Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 10-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

Default Chaos Magic & Paladin

How many of you are investing in Chaos Magic as a Paladin. I'm currently debating whether to invest any points in it. I play basically as a healer but there are times where I don't cast any spells during a round but have the mana to throw in a nuke here and there.

I am currently level 10 with Order Magic 3 and Distortion Magic 1.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quikpik View Post
How many of you are investing in Chaos Magic as a Paladin. I'm currently debating whether to invest any points in it. I play basically as a healer but there are times where I don't cast any spells during a round but have the mana to throw in a nuke here and there.

I am currently level 10 with Order Magic 3 and Distortion Magic 1.
I've taken a similar track, except I started as mage and I'm taking Order magic, mostly healing.

I'm still focusing on Chaos, but I expect I'm gimping myself slightly in that area by taking some Order stuff.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Approved Member

I didnt take Chaos magic at all, but upgraded Order and Mind to both level 3. Magic Poleaxe is Order Magic, and i think Geyser is Mind iirc.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Approved Member

I think you mean Distortion magic.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Approved Member

So the consensus would be to get Order and Distortion to level 3 and don't worry about Chaos?
Old 10-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Approved Member

Well I invest on Order and Chaos while leaving Distortion at lvl 1. Because of those AoE offensive spell are very usefull for me.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quikpik View Post
So the consensus would be to get Order and Distortion to level 3 and don't worry about Chaos?
Yes, definitely. At level 21 I have Chaos 2, Order 3 and Distortion 3. I'm a Paladin and I rarely use the Chaos spells. Shouldn't have bothered.

My two favourite spells at the moment are phantom (really, really useful) and dragon arrows, on a stack of 212 elven archers with an 100% attack modifier artifact.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Registered Member

Good to know, I was debating to lvl up chaos but couldn't find any useful spells.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Approved Member

Imo the only good Chaos spell for Paladins is Sacrifice, so maybe i would recommend putting 1 point into Chaos magic to learn it.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Yes, definitely. At level 21 I have Chaos 2, Order 3 and Distortion 3. I'm a Paladin and I rarely use the Chaos spells. Shouldn't have bothered.

My two favourite spells at the moment are phantom (really, really useful) and dragon arrows, on a stack of 212 elven archers with an 100% attack modifier artifact.
I just got Phantom, and yes, I concur, it is VERY useful. Enemies attacking the mimic aren't attacking your guys, and with damage spells and ranged units I can wipe the floor with minimal, if any, losses.