Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2019, 12:59 AM
Approved Member

Default New Britain, New Guinea Map - Kadoka??

I have been working on a new mission on one of the New Britain, New Guinea maps but it is starting to hurt my head! Everytime I see the name “Kadoka” on the map where Kokoda is supposed to be it grates on me.

Now I’d like to say I really appreciate having this excellent set of New Britain, New Guinea maps, so thank you very much to the map makers. But ... as an Australian this brain-stutter spelling of Kokoda on each of them really grates.

The name “Kokoda” is like a sacred place name to Australians because the battle for the Kokoda Track is symbolic of the turning back of the Japanese on their march toward the Australian mainland in 1942, just like Stalingrad is symbolic of the turning back of the German march on the Soviet Union.

So imagine if Stalingrad was spelled as “Stigranlad” on the Stalingrad map. Now how wrong does that feel??

I don’t know how hard it is to change place names on maps, but that’s certainly one fix that would really be appreciated by Australians.