Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades

Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades A new chapter in the Real Warfare realistic real-time strategy games series.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

I've created additional "teutonic.serjant.infantry.crossbowman.propert ies" (exact copy of "teutonic.militia.infantry.crossbowman.properties" ) and StateMachine.LoadFromFile = .\data\aix\units\west.europe\infantry\west.europe. infantry.crossbowman.aix
Old 11-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Approved Member

and how you add it to tech tree?
Old 11-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Approved Member

..\data\maps\global\teutonic.order\map.grade.tree

Code:
[*] : struct.begin
         template=crossbowman_inf
         x = 0
         y = 2
         links : struct.begin
               link=serjant_crossbowman_inf
               armyexp=666
               gold=666
         struct.end
      struct.end
[*] : struct.begin
         template=serjant_crossbowman_inf
         x = 0
         y = 1
         links : struct.begin
         struct.end
      struct.end
But campaign is not a problem. I test this unit in custom battles. If I make it works in custom it will probably work in campaign too.

Last edited by Goblin Wizard; 11-27-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

Your must add it also to west.europe.race.objectcollection file. but for the values you must verify also the init state of aix related to type of unit. My suggestion is to use the debug much for verify the things and if pass by some routines.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitra View Post
Your must add it also to west.europe.race.objectcollection file. but for the values you must verify also the init state of aix related to type of unit. My suggestion is to use the debug much for verify the things and if pass by some routines.
Hmm.. I don't know how much they pay you but you surely deserve more. Your help is really great. Thanks again. I'm not used to have such a tool like dev's editor and totally forgot about it. Debugger showed me the error immediately. It was about "west.europe.groups.aix". I set my unit as
Code:
var infSerjantCrossbowmanIndex : Integer = 54;
while the array range was [0..53]. It fucked up all calculations. Such a small shit... Now everything works nice and smooth so I can at last move on to the next step.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Wizard View Post
Hmm.. I don't know how much they pay you but you surely deserve more. Your help is really great. Thanks again. I'm not used to have such a tool like dev's editor and totally forgot about it. Debugger showed me the error immediately. It was about "west.europe.groups.aix". I set my unit as
Code:
var infSerjantCrossbowmanIndex : Integer = 54;
while the array range was [0..53]. It fucked up all calculations. Such a small shit... Now everything works nice and smooth so I can at last move on to the next step.
Goblin I'm a normal user like you (if people who play videogames during the weekends at place of run back to girls can be considered normal). I'm happy you enjoying the modding potential of the game, like me when I discovered it. The developers aptitude for the modders and the respect for the users is one of main reason (a part the fact I like the game) for I support so strongly this game with other users in other forum.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitra View Post
Goblin I'm a normal user like you (if people who play videogames during the weekends at place of run back to girls can be considered normal). I'm happy you enjoying the modding potential of the game, like me when I discovered it. The developers aptitude for the modders and the respect for the users is one of main reason (a part the fact I like the game) for I support so strongly this game with other users in other forum.
A normal user?
I'd say so much more. Also wanna give you my thanks for helping alot, and your help is very appreciated
Old 11-28-2011, 12:17 PM
Approved Member

So, Goblin Wizard, did it work :O?
Havent taken much notice but, I just realised you made an additional unit.. xD. That is very nice.

I Really think there should be better Crossbowmen, aswell as better archers.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsRealWarfare View Post
So, Goblin Wizard, did it work :O?
Havent taken much notice but, I just realised you made an additional unit.. xD. That is very nice.

I Really think there should be better Crossbowmen, aswell as better archers.
Yes, it works but you need to start new campaign. Now, I'm working on making other nations playable but it's not so easy. I need to learn a lot about the game and engine but I think it's doable. Funny thing is that I have very little time to play. Modding takes a lot of time and it's simply more enjoyable.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Registered Member

Default Hello

Yea two little things

A) Just noticed the militias robbers (their troops) use the same banners as your own troops, should it be different? (saw it on a unit of crossbowmen)

B) Pikemen cant use loose formation, so why put the option for it?