Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades

Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades A new chapter in the Real Warfare realistic real-time strategy games series.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:38 AM
Approved Member

Default Bugs after patch 2...

1. Go to Map > Economics and scroll down to the bottom of the list. 1st click e.g. "Golden Cookware". The list is auto scrolled up and you get picked "Silver" instead of "Golden Cookware". Sometimes if you are lucky Golden Cookware will be highlighted but if you next click "Silver Cookware" you get "Ornaments" highlighted. It's really annoying if you trade a lot (as I do lately).

2. Pathfinding on the strat map. It works a little better now but still big towns are a nightmare. Early in the game you often have to pass Warsaw. With rivers around it gives your hero really hard time. Could hero notice a town in his path a little earlier and not goes next to the walls?

3. Why does hero slow down before he reaches his destination? When you are a trader time is money. I travel a lot at short distances checking towns and villages, looking for bargains. It makes all your travels significantly longer and it's annoying.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Approved Member

Ok, I pass the points.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Approved Member

1. Maybe it's not a bug. Maybe it works like intended but I don't like it. First two pics show the situation. A unit with wider front attacks a unit with shorter front. Left and right flank of the unit with wider front run forward and don't notice that a fight started . Sometimes they realize what's going on and attack enemy unit from the rear, sometimes they just form a crowd and do nothing. It doesn't make sense to me. AFAIK it was the first thing that soldier was learnt - to keep the line. IMO the whole unit should keep the line for a while after impact and then left and right flank should attack the left and right side of the enemy unit.

2. 3rd pic shows what's happened after a while. In the middle you can see two soldier fighting. They were fighting for about 10-15s while the rest of theirs units was standing doing nothing. It seems a little bit strange, doesn't it?

3. Check the ground texture in the distance (3rd pic). It looks like a kind of grid lines and it's not nice. I have radeon X1900XT 512mb and winXP SP3. All settings maxed out with HDR turned off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg engine-2011-11-26-10-22-45-34.jpg (436.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg engine-2011-11-26-10-23-04-68.jpg (398.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg engine-2011-11-26-10-26-33-62.jpg (553.2 KB, 9 views)
Old 11-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Wizard View Post
3. Check the ground texture in the distance (3rd pic). It looks like a kind of grid lines and it's not nice. I have radeon X1900XT 512mb and winXP SP3. All settings maxed out with HDR turned off.
Is analyzing the other problems, for this he tell me to try to set hdr on again because he's apply some changes, but if like without hdr, to try to set the AA off or lower
Old 11-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
1. Maybe it's not a bug. Maybe it works like intended but I don't like it. First two pics show the situation. A unit with wider front attacks a unit with shorter front. Left and right flank of the unit with wider front run forward and don't notice that a fight started . Sometimes they realize what's going on and attack enemy unit from the rear, sometimes they just form a crowd and do nothing. It doesn't make sense to me. AFAIK it was the first thing that soldier was learnt - to keep the line. IMO the whole unit should keep the line for a while after impact and then left and right flank should attack the left and right side of the enemy unit.
Answer

"
They will back after few second automatically
It was done like this, because you offten need to go to enemies second line
for attack archers as example
you can back to attack they manually ASAP
if you click attack again
they will not back to attack on flangs automatically if they percent in idle too small
"
Old 11-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Approved Member

Another one I've forgot before.
I constantly play with effects volume turned off (slider max to the left). When it's on I can't hear music and other sounds, only some strange noises come from the speakers. My sound card: Sound Blaster Live 5.1.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Approved Member

"
any of games it is conventionalities
we did like this just for full control with lines of your troops
we could did it like in TW, when units crush the line fast just for nice animation (to make more free space between units)
i am not sure that i explained well

>AFAIK it was the first thing that soldier was learnt - to keep the line. IMO the whole
>unit should keep the line for a while after impact and then left and right flank should
>attack the left and right side of the enemy unit.

it works like he want
you have to check
units must be back after 5~10 second, to attack left and right flank and rear
we did like this, because very important to get a full control, because perhaps gamer decide to try to go to second line, to stop the archers
"

if you know how to work with scripts
"
he can fix it by self
this logic works in unit.groups.aix
in Main state
i see how other users fixed it, they add logic which back units asap to flanks and rear
but i don like it, because i will hate in online game
when i really wishing long line to stop second line with archers
"

Last edited by mitra; 11-26-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Approved Member

OK. I get it. Fair enough. Thanks for the explanation.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Approved Member

I preferred post it directly because the direct words are better of creator than any others ; for my experience in multiplayer is very important attack the second line of archers
Old 11-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Another one I've forgot before.
I constantly play with effects volume turned off (slider max to the left). When it's on I can't hear music and other sounds, only some strange noises come from the speakers. My sound card: Sound Blaster Live 5.1.
Can you send the dxdiag file to rw2box(at)hotmail.it?