Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades

Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades A new chapter in the Real Warfare realistic real-time strategy games series.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Approved Member

Well is possible but you must have experience with programming logic; I passed your idea of strafing to Unicorn like other suggestions (also if I must admit I don't have understood the principle of camera movement in strafing because I don't have played to NTW) they tell will ad it to their tasks and they tell is easy to do (but before leave them complete the resolution of technical problems). For modding: you have many ideas but you need to associate yourself to a modder for the technical part which can transform your ideas in code, try on TW center if someone can be interested, eventually I can give him help on how use the editor tools.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Approved Member

Well actually Im not so very interested in modding ; )
The game is quite fine as it is now, could be more units ofcourse, but it's good. It's basically the strafing that I cant get over. So Im very grateful that you have passed that idea to the developers. I really hope they can fix it. =)
Old 11-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

Well is complex also for me, but from what i understood every object or element of engine is linked to a library of states (the aix file), each state contain the routine (and function). In the state the interaction with hardcoded part is done with call function. There is state executed cyclacally starting from a main state, states triggered by events, states called by other states of other states of other aix. At example when I press the "form cicle" button I activate a state of gui.aix which activate a state of western.groups.aix, which prepare the geometrical form of circle and give order to single soldiers to move in this form using their movement state.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsRealWarfare View Post
Well actually Im not so very interested in modding ; )
The game is quite fine as it is now, could be more units ofcourse, but it's good. It's basically the strafing that I cant get over. So Im very grateful that you have passed that idea to the developers. I really hope they can fix it. =)
I hope I have described well the process (basically is like to move in circle around a central point?)
Old 11-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Approved Member

Well yes, you could say so but, depends on game. What I mean is like... Compare to M&B or TW camera. For example M&B Warband: When you have died, you can look around with the camera as "Ghost" (Comming to the point now). When you do that, you can basically do any movement with camera, including Strafing in 2 directions simultaneously, which means, you strafe oblique (Think it's called so). So instead of for example first strafing down, and then rigth/left, you strafe down + right/left at the same time, so it goes oblique down (Or up ofcourse, if you're strafing that way). So that would mean you can quickly and easily get to the point of the map where you want to have the camera, and still facing the enemy (Having the camera towards the enemy so you see from your armys perspective).
It's a bit hard to explain but, I hope you understood.

Regards
Old 11-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Approved Member

Does anybody know where exactly I can find rate of fire value for archers and crossbowmen?
Old 11-24-2011, 11:48 AM
Approved Member

I've got no idea. I think Mitra knows.
It would be good if they could adjust the rate of fire of siege weapons, since they shoot like one time every 5 seconds (a bit too fast). Should be about 1 per 15 seconds, if not slower.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Approved Member

Is linked to animation of reload, raising or decreasing the animation have impact on frequence; that is why the siege machine have high rate of fire there is a problem in the reload animation which is too much rapid, they are correcting it. Unluckily I don't know how modify the velocity of animation because I'm not expert of 3d graphic.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

Thx for the tip. I've found the way to change rate of fire via adding/removing some parts of animation but I still can't change the animation speed. It looks like it can't be done via editor. So... do you know how to unzip dat.000.pak file? I need direct access to these animations.

Does something like "how to add new unit" guide exist? I've been looking through the scripts and ... each unit has so many references to nearly countless number of files that it's really overwhelming. I don't want to add new models, textures or animations. I just want to make some copies of the existing units with different names and parameters (eg. elite crossbowman with 3 armor and some other stats changed). Hmm...I wonder if it's possible to make a mounted crossbowman?
Old 11-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Approved Member

Here all the documents\tools I have http://www.strategygamesitalia.eu/re...ols-t1791.html

In the modding tools there is the unpack tool. Unicorn will do a converter for open animation and mesh.