Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames

Fulqrum PublishingGames Discuss Fulqrum Publishing games not listed below.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:58 PM
Approved Member

Il2 series....

Wh? Well it's all been said above.. more than that; - solid sim, big community, huge constant support from developer, a lot of fun for the bucks....
Old 10-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Approved Member

It can't be anything else than IL-2, which is simply the best game ever made.

I'm really interested to see how much better can BoB be!
Old 10-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Approved Member

Il-2 series.
Great sim AND props.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:02 PM
Registered Member

Has to be IL2, but I would like to have a go at Death to Spies. Only problem is I cannot find it anywhere in Oz
Old 10-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Approved Member

IL2 '46.

I love flight sims, and realistic experiences. That's what pulled me into IL2 Sturmovik when it was released and kept me with it. However, each successive release has been BETTER than the last.

Forgotten Battles was such a cool idea, delving deeper into the little known aspects of hte air war of WWII (of course, more planes and maps for it would have been nice, but aren't they always? lol).

Pacific Fighters was a dream come true. PTO and carrier ops rock. I was so happy to see Oleg/1C cover that theater. Of course, much of that was let down when the Hellcat was hosed and the UFO-rsair got a boost from the fanboi's who don't like real planes that did the real work (mirrored in the ETO by the P-47/P-51 relationship)..... but I digress.

IL2 '46 formed a hat trick of smash hit sequels. It once again pushed the envelope of WWII sims by doing stuff that hasn't been done (or rarely and poorly done) before. The concept of the title rocks, and all the wierd cool planes (and awesome add on maps) are just awesome. I would have payed all the money I spent on all the titles combined just for the '46 content alone. Many in the forums love to piss and moan and whine about it. But many of us are very grateful for those wild exotic planes (the more exotic the better, it truly does not matter if they ever flew as prototypes or saw battle, in fact, if they didn't that's even better still as it pushes the envelope even further).

There have been some downs to go with the ups, and some stuff I would liked to have seen included to flesh out the various theaters better, but all in all, the conent, quality, and above all customer/community support has been bar none simply the best, probably in the history of PC games.

Even though Storm of War: Battle of Brittain is more of the same old same old that's been done a bazillion times before, I still look forward to it's release and all the advances it promises to bring with it. But mostly because it will be the framework and foundation for pushing back into those neglected theaters, planes, and concepts (what-if scenarios, the Finn War, CBI, PTO, etc).

Old 10-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Approved Member

Il-2 Series.

Theater of War is also a great game but nothing beats the Il-2 Series.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:48 AM
Approved Member

Il2 series for me as well, for the numerous reasons mentionned above.

But I glanced over the other games here, and I must say that the XIIIth Century thing interest me a lot, assuming that it's to be a simulation rather than a game. And I think that this is the point : simulations seem to have become a specific russian niche, and hopefully you would develop them to an unequalled level, as technology constantly evolves.

A suggestion : take into account that all gamers aren't young people anymore. As time goes, mature gamers are increasingly invading the market. They want historical accuracy, realism and difficulty (what Oleg did understand very well, and just consider how many people here are anxiously awaiting for the Sow series).

As for me, I'd really love playing any historical (Medieval, Roman, Napoleonian or whatever) simulation if it's done with the same level of quality than the upcoming SoW : Bob. You should be on the top if you can make people learn something while playing your games. Quality speaks for itself.

Cheers,
Old 11-04-2007, 02:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor
Il-2 Series. Simply because it's the only 1C game I have ever seen on the shelves in Germany.
Hey Thor.... in your avatar, is that art from "Max und Moritz"? My mom is Bavarian, and we have an old story book with that kind of drawing in it....

PS, favorite is IL2 of course... Only reason I even have windows installed on my Mac!
Old 11-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Registered Member

Well I never played other 1C game besides Death to Spies so that is really my 1C favourite game.

For everybody that knows the style of Hitman (its actually hard to define the game without referring to hitman series), it's like hitman series - I mean its a stealth based game but not limited to stealth. Killing enemies is sometimes the only way to end the mission.

So its like Hitman but with a reality touch, the WW2. Or even Hitman and at the same time Commandos.

Great game, always loved stealth games like Thief, Splinter Cell, Hitman, and Death to Spies really has earned its place in my game collection bests.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

Default IL2 series for me too!

I haven't even flown it in over two years (due to a lot of reasons), but I hope to return to it soon. As an act of good faith I've even bought 1946. The IL2 series is the reason I prefer online gaming, and was/is only one of two sims/games I enjoy online. Thanks to palying IL2 online I know people from all over the world.
In Oleg we trust!
Flyby out