Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > The Tomorrow War

The Tomorrow War Space sim. 27th Century. Take part in the great war between The United Earth Empire and Konkordia.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:00 AM
Approved Member

Default Zoroastrianism..??!!

from the game's detail section:
The 27th Century. There is peace on Earth. Mankind has discovered ways to travel outside of the solar system and planets thousands of light-years away have been colonized. The United Earth Empire is at a cross-roads as an old enemy decides the galaxy has room for only one Empire. 300 years ago one of the human colonies turned to Zoroastrianism, an ancient human religion. They formed a new nation called Konkordia and then increased the population through cloning their people. Konkordia has already conquered more than 30 planets and has become a powerful star nation. While The United Earth Empire has signed peace with Konkordia there was always tension in the relations between the two states.

well,Zoroastrianism is the ancient persia(iran) religion and today also many in iran and india and other parts of the world are still Zoroastrian.it's interesting to see that konkordia's religion is Zoroastrianism,but since i have not played the game i dont know how they have shown konkordian people,good?bad?wild or peaceful?i'm not a religious person but because Zoroastrianism is my country's ancient and in smaller size today's religion im somehow anxious about it,actually it's important for some iranians those who are opposition of the islamic republic but i cant explain more because here is not a political forum!!
i hope u can understand this special situation and why did i post this thread
sorry for the long text.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Approved Member

SPOILERS FOLLOW
Konkordia in the game is the religious empire which attacks Earth and its colonies (United Nations) by surprise (but it became evident that UN planned attack on Konkordia too). Since player is an UN space fighter pilot, Konkordian forces are one of the main enemies in the game (at the start they are allies though). Konkordians are shown as religious people, but not as 100% bad or 100% good. For example, main character may fall in love with Konkordian female officer and save her before and during the war. In general, i would say that Russians in some games are portrayed much worse than Konkordians in this one
By the way, do the Konkordian ship and base names mean something in Farsi? For example, Atur-Gushnasp, Atur-Farnbag, Fravashi, Kersasp, Hordad, Atur-Bezen-Mihr, Frashaostra, Hvarena, Rimush, Ardibehesht, Gurgsar, Hosrov, Varegna, Aurvant, Shivatir, Vistashpa, Jamaspa? Some are clear though, for example Kir the Great.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Approved Member

wow..nearly all those names are persian(farsi),i cant believe it....those are names of the Zoroastrian temples and ancient people(heroes)the devs are zoroastrian or iranian or indian themselves?!!!!!!
and that *ir the great means a very very bad thing in persian..do not say that in front of the iranians
and yes, i agree with you,russians are portrayed much worse in many video games and movies unfortunatly.

Last edited by persoiranian; 02-01-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Approved Member

The game is based on three science fiction books by Alexander Zorich, all the names and plot are his work (their work, since this is the pseudonym of two people, man and woman). I guess they or one of them knew zoroastrian mythology in university while learning Farsi.
It's strange that Kir means something bad, i've meant http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrus_the_Great
Old 02-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Approved Member

This is one of the reasons why the tomorrow war stands up as a space sim: it's story is hugely well develloped, due to novel origins...

Also, are their plans for another tomorrow war universe story (the same way as factor K was born?)
Old 02-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Approved Member

Development studio is closed, so no new TW or other game from them.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaksie View Post
It's strange that Kir means something bad, i've meant http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrus_the_Great
that's cyrus the great.we call him kurosh e "kabir" or "bozorg"(both means "the great") the word they have used in the game is something else,not that.
cyrus the great himself is the most beloved leader in history of perisa.

Last edited by persoiranian; 02-01-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

let me add 2 things:
in persian cyrus is=kurosh
and if the writers knew persian..why they have used that word??!!perhaps the devs have changed some small parts of the story and names? but i have to accept it's funny!!..
Old 02-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Approved Member

It's simple - Cyrus spelled 'Kir' in Russian. In English version of the game its 'Cyrus' i think.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Approved Member

ahan..now i know the story.
what a terrible information u have given me sneakie..in russian the name of our greatest leader is equal to one of the worst modern persian words...!!