Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > The Tomorrow War

The Tomorrow War Space sim. 27th Century. Take part in the great war between The United Earth Empire and Konkordia.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Registered Member

Default Three questions

Hi.
I'd like to ask the following questions:

1) Is this screenshot from the english version to be released by 1C (as you can see the HUD is in english and is slightly different from the russian version)

http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/tomorrow_war/85363#show

2) Will the game be free-roam, like for example, you can takeoff from a carrier, fly to a planet in another solar system and land on a base?

3) Will the game have an economy, so you can buy something in a base/ship and then sell it somewhere else to make money to upgrade your ship? It seems so on this screenshot.

http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/tomorrow_war/192030#show
Old 04-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveAus View Post
Hi.
I'd like to ask the following questions:

1) Is this screenshot from the english version to be released by 1C (as you can see the HUD is in english and is slightly different from the russian version)

http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/tomorrow_war/85363#show

2) Will the game be free-roam, like for example, you can takeoff from a carrier, fly to a planet in another solar system and land on a base?

3) Will the game have an economy, so you can buy something in a base/ship and then sell it somewhere else to make money to upgrade your ship? It seems so on this screenshot.

http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/tomorrow_war/192030#show
1) yes
2) if I'm not mistaken, yes
3) no, the screenshot shows the system of upgrades
Old 04-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply.

Just one more thing, about the "free-roam" bit. A friend of mine loaned me Zavtra Voyna 2 Factor K and i've been experimenting on it. Of course, there are a lot of language difficulties, but so far i was able to complete the first mission of the plot. I noticed that you can fly anywhere you want, as long as you don't want to leave the vincinity of the planet where the mission takes place. I tried finding my way to another planet in that system, but i can only travel to one of its 4 moons and land there. I left the game in time compression while cruising with the Orbital Engines at full thrust and got about 5.000 km away from the planet, heading towards the sun and could not find another planet. Is this a limitation of the first mission, are you progressively given access to jumpgates to travel to other planets? Or are you only able to travel inside the sector/sectors where the mission takes place?

Also, i landed on a big base located on the planet, on an industrial city, and the base menu appeared in the top right corner (just like in the beginning of the game). I could select what room i wanted to go, but every room was empty. No npcs, nothing to interact. I think its because, since the mission was not suppose to pass through that base, no npcs were scripted in. That is why i'm asking if there is a free-roam mode, because if so, that base needed to be activated with npcs to interact with.

Sorry about all this questions, i'm just using the russian version as a "demo" to see if i like the game engine to buy the english version when it is released.

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Registered Member

"The Tomorrow War" Is only SPAM
Old 04-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Approved Member

Wishi, you've done enough! While I'm easily as impatient as you regarding the tomorrow war, I don't go as far as flaming boards because of said impatience.

furthermore, we have no reason whatsoever to blame 1C for the delays. There may be another issue we know nothing of, yet the fact that 1C is choosing not to reveal this is their choice and we can hardly do anything about it.

You might as well adopt the mature solution: chew on your wait like a big boy, grab another space sim and remain polite.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:21 AM
Approved Member

Its been a while since I've logged on but I kept an eye on the forum on a regular basis and of course on the game too.

When I saw the changed release date to May 4 I must admit that I was disappointed too but we've been waiting so long now that another 14 days won't make a difference.

Ok I would like to know what the reason behind this is too but like Starlord said if they won't reveal why then there's nothing we can do about it.
I'm still having high hopes for this game, got no other game for the moment that interests me, so I can't hardly wait for these 14 days to go by as fast as possible.

There's just one thing I'm wondering about and that is how good will the English voice acting be and will the game be moddable to some extend.
If someone can answer me this it would keep me going already
Old 04-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Approved Member

If we were to judge by the voice acting in OH LET'S SAY Men of War then Tomorrow War will be absolutely terrible. Hopefully we'll be able to circumvent the damage done by 505 and associates as soon as possible after it's out and put the russian audio with only subtitles back in or something like this.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:02 AM
Approved Member

In that case yes

I've only tried the demo of Men of War but it was the worst voice acting I've ever heard in a game :/ although it was pretty bad in Parkan II as well.

For me this is an important aspect of the game to pull me in or not.
Guess we'll find out soon