Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades

Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades A new chapter in the Real Warfare realistic real-time strategy games series.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Registered Member

Default Army size quesion before buying

Hi, i've just seen this game on the Steam sale for £12.50 and seeing as I love my Total War games especially the campaigns im very tempted to give this game a try but with most TW like games they usually fall very short when it comes to army size and fail to create a monster battle and doesn't do alot for me.

So my question to you is what is the maximum number of men can you have in 1 unit card i.e I hire set of knights how many men will be in it 100, 200? I've read you can have 30 unit cards in total in one army which is more than TW's 20 but if the maximum number of men in each unit card is only 80 then thats still only a army size of 2400. I have a decent PC to run big battles GTX 295, i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz and in some Total War games you can have armies of 4000 i.e Shogun 2 and with Roma Serructum mod for Rome Total War armies of 4800 in 1 army not with reinforcements. As you can probably tell im a huge battle whore, it's a must. Was the reason I never gave King Arthur Wargame a real try as battles were too tiny.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

Well when counting units you rather forget TW series because you are not able to have army made just from best units like in TW but just opposite, most are irregulars, some militias, even less sergeants and just few elites. Also you have 30 cards but ten of them are just reinforcements I guess, before the beginning of battle you can choose which 20 of them will be ready for battle so you can make a tactical decision of army composition when you see whom you are going to fight but not all 30 units are available from the beginning I think. I am not for 100 per cent sure because I played just few battles since I was able to have more than just 20 units because I am now waiting for new patch because I got too often ctd´s lately. Also you mounted version of foot unit has half size. So for example if your perhaps level 15 hero can have 10 irregular units (melee 250men at max, archers 130), 5 (dunno now if that number is precise) militias (200 melee at max, archers 90, cavalry half size), 3 sergeants units (100 I guess melee at max, no archers if cavalry half size of melee) and one unit of elites 80 at max if foot knights plus your general bodyguards 50 at max (hopefully correct dunno for certain) you cant count how much its would be then. Hopefully some clue (not precise but hopefully not far from truth) for your answer.