Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades

Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades A new chapter in the Real Warfare realistic real-time strategy games series.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:30 PM
Registered Member

Default Ordensburg Defense

Couple comments on this.

I gave units orders to take the top of the walls.

One unit half the men ran through the base of the wall to try and climb up the enemy ladders.

Two other units ran out the gate to try and climb up the enemy ladders to get to the top of the wall.

This should be corrected as soon as you can and should never have made it to commercial release.

Thanks
Old 11-29-2011, 06:50 PM
Registered Member

Oh, I forgot to mention also the first time half my leaders horses were trying to climb up the ladders to get back inside...

I had to run it a second time because after the victory I got an invalid pointer error message.

The second time a unit of archers were wiped out as half the men migrated out through the base of the wall when ordered to the top and got easily picked off. When observing the targeting of the enemy archers, they were aiming at the men on the outside bottom never at the top of the wall so as far as the program was concerned the entire unit was outside at the base of the wall and easy pickings...
Old 11-29-2011, 07:35 PM
Approved Member

yes the problems with siege animation are known, they are working on them for correct asap
Old 11-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Registered Member

Thanks, I appreciate knowing they are working on it.

I would like to say that I enjoy the game overall, I like the story and mission line even if you do get sent up against enemies twice your size.

However...

/rant on

I'm 56 years old and have been computer gaming since I bought my Atari St in 1986. (Please don't tell me if that's before you or some of the team were born, I get that in Rift... but I digress...)

I keep getting pointer errors and address errors and black screens on start up. Admittedly I am playing on a laptop but it's an i7 laptop with a separate video card. These kinds of issues and animation issues shouldn't have made it to a commercial release I paid good money for. It's really unfortunate because it is detracting from a very well thought out game. Execution is a bit lacking and frustrating.

anyhooo....

/rant off

Bill
Old 11-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Approved Member

Is not a question of your PC configuration, the game has been created for works with the lower requirements possible giving the maximum results, but can happen particular configuration generate errors other not give.

Sent your dxdiag file here rw2box(at)hotmail.it with the hardware and resource.main.res file you fin the in game directory in documents and settings; Developers asked feedback for correct this type of problems, is important for them have technical data about how differents configuration interact with the game.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:55 PM
Registered Member

Done!