Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Approved Member

Default Never mind new planes, I need a new installer!

So I bought two new hard drives and a new SATA optical drive, rebuild my machine and try to install IL-2....

A day later I'm finished. I takes me less time to install and configure whole AD infrastructures.....

1) The dam disk won't play in the new optical drive. We've known for half a decade that set up exe has problems with CD burners, and so we use A exe instead (why hasn't this been fixed? half a decade!!); but this time A exe won't run either (yes I tried all the rights and compatability options), plus that my original disks are seen has home burnt by the new drive.

2) No problem, I pop the disk in a server drive, share the drive over the network and map to it. Now A exe will run, but after 1 1/2 hours I'm only at 4 %.

3) Burn the disk t an ISO, copy the ISO over to the game machine and mount it and the install will finaly run.

4) But the game won't run on the ISO, It wants the disk in the drive.

5) Hunt down the no-cd patch

6) Begin the patching process; running the game after each patch.

7) The game won't start after BoE is patched. Uninstall and start all over again (yes, I'd made a zip copy of the whole 4.07 install but after the BoE patch that wouldn't run either)

finaly got it patched and running. A full 18 hour work day.

No, I don't now why it took so long either; I'm good at this crap! If it had been any other software I'd have thrown it back at the supplier......

Thank Cod for UP's patch and restore process - there's a group who have focus on more than just tinkering with the 190's cockpit bar.

I don't need yet another Spitfire, I need a game that will install, a game that has a mission and campaign structure that actually allows me to fly more than 5% of the planes stock and a game where it doesn't take me hours to find other people who run _exactly_ the same build version before I can join in.

Now that would be an update worth waiting for.

Rant over, now I'm off to play with an Oracle DB for light refreshment.......