Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Approved Member

i'm running on very low specs maching i think, i have intel core2duo E8400 overclocked to 3600ghz, radeon hd4870 512mb, 4gb memory. Windows 7 64bit, DX11, Catalyst 12.3

with this patch i got lower framerates than before. also notice the textures in blenheim did not fully load once into game, look like old game from 90's.

now continue drinking
Old 05-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkin View Post
I've only taken up the Hurricane so far. (Cleared cache first). First impressions... nothing really different - though the FM felt a bit sluggish (?). With the sun behind me it looked the propeller was flickering slightly. Also, on the control column I noticed that the piperwork seems to be rendering the outside a bit...

Final observation... no clouds... even though I'm sure I selected them. Oh... and force feedback working fine for me.
I selected clouds also but couldn't see them, but they did just suddenly pop up.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Red square as described, will eventually clear of it's own accord.

Custom single mission with setup with a ROTOL Hurricane on the runway and complex engine management results in dropping into a aircraft with a running engine for a second or two until it figures out it is off, this results in instant overheat of oil and water.

FPS is far better, in game AA also appears to work now too.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
I selected clouds also but couldn't see them, but they did just suddenly pop up.
The readme stated that medium and far away clouds are disabled, only close clouds are displayed.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Approved Member

A CTD after 5 minutes in the Calais Bomber intercept mission. Dump file sent to Luthier.

Misc:
* No fps increase for me.
* A sound file missing: take off denied in German.
* Radio coms like 'help me' or attack targets still do nothing.

Last edited by tintifaxl; 05-05-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker_71 View Post
My specs: Win 7 64, 8 GB RAM, i7 870, GTX 460, CoD on SSD.
With the patch, I now have either the same or a bit (possibly perceived) lower FPS, ~10%. Definitely no FPS increase.
Same setup as this guy (with a different AMD processor) and I have the same issue - no FPS increase at all.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Approved Member

Performance Increase for me. I can run medium to high settings and fly low over london, with almost next to no stutters. before i had to run low to medium settings.

Now for the "bug": if i apply roughly 40% throttle, i´m going 6.25 lbs boost. furthermore, if i apply just around 35% i´m going 5 lbs boost. Boost settings below 5 are next to impossible to achieve.

checked my joystick and throttle, even checked in configs menu, that everything is setup correctly. Stick is a Thrustmaster Hotas X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Banks View Post
The devs need to continue to tweak the FM balance until there is equal amount of whining from both sides.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Approved Member

Thank you dev team!
Increased FPS when flying low over big cities.
Stuttering decreased and so are flickering shadows and micro-freezes.
Spitfire mirror: only the frame of the mirror is seen.
Cockpit gauges went low-res and are difficult to read.
Cockpit textures are not so detailed as before.
Testing continues.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Approved Member

Ok, London is smoooooooth, That said my initial flight was not impressive for FPS, but when I reloaded the same mission it was quite a bit higher, but no stutters that I could see, or that where worth commenting on.

Spitfire sound for throttle seems messed up, no change in sound through maybe 25% to 100% throttle... testing continues...
Old 05-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Approved Member

quote from ilya
Please enable logging in your conf.ini (Log=1). If the game crashes, send us your log as well as any crash dump files created in the cppdump folder in the main game installation. Email everything to ishevchenko@1cpublishing.eu